The Sirena is a mid-sized ship so I was delighted not to see so many people in line during check in. It was smooth and easy. We were extremely disappointed when at check-in they told us that our stop in Egypt was cancelled and provided no explanation for this decision only saying it was foe security reasons. Many of the people booked this trip because we were stopping in Egypt for two days and the cruise line did not offer any compensation. Needless to say there were many irritated passengers. This was our first trip on Oceania and I was impressed with the Sirena. Some other comments claim that the ship was released to soon before renovations were completed but we saw none of that. Clearly they do have the best food at sea and we were impressed with the service and selection of food to choose from. The staff was constantly filling our glasses with water coffee or whatever without the need to ask. We preferred to eat breakfast outside on the nice sun deck at the rear of the ship. I learned that on a midsize ship there are not the long lines for service like you would see on other cruise lines. They also have their upgraded Tuscan Steakhouse and Red Ginger. Both were nice but I thought the Red Ginger was over rated. I love Asian food and we ate there during ruff seas which detracted from the experience but overall I would have preferred a Hibachi style experience. Our room on level 6 mid ship was superb and I compliment the staff for making sure our room was always refreshed and clean. They worked hard to make our experience a great one. You will love the tranquility beds Oceania puts in their rooms along with the pillow selection. They even sell these beds online if you like them and they are imported from Italy. The entertainment was OK. The Sirena does not have a huge stage and from what I hear the entertainment has improved. Frankly we did not go to the entertainment every night so I might give what we saw a 6.7 rating. Clearly Oceania appeals to a more mature group. We brought our 18 year old son and there was not much for him to do but we knew that booking the ship. The ports of call were the main reason we booked as the offered a fantastic selection. It was nice not having a lot of kids running around so I appreciated the age group of 50 + that they market to. The décor of the ship gives passengers a luxury feel like you are in someone's elegant home. The seating make you feel like you are in a living room. The smaller number of passengers gave a more intimate feel and a chance to meet some really nice people. The cruise excursions are expensive and I found you are much better going to Trip advisor and finding your own to book. We saved probably $2000 doing this and avoided the huge bus loads of other people and had a much more private experience. The nice thing about Oceania is you can bring your own adult beverages on board. Only if you have it served with your meal will the charge a corking fee. The internet service was very good for a cruise. Of course it will not allow you quick speeds for video downloads but it was adequate for email and surfing the net, Overall I was really impressed with the staff on Oceania. Rest Rooms ere maintained constantly throughout the day and were clean.They all were professional, friendly and hard-working.

Sirena is beautiful; a memorable cruise.

Sirena Cruise Review by mdk8584

mdk8584’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Sirena price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B1 6052
We had a balcony cabin on the 6th floor mid ship. I thought this was and ideal place and it was close to all the main areas. While the room is generally a little small the space under the bed was a good place to store luggage. The room was really nice and well maintained by the staff. The best part is the comfortable Tranquility beds and pillows that made sleeping once of the best activities on board. There were ample electrical outlets which came in handy on an international cruise. Also the internet was strong and probably one of the best I have ever had on a cruise. Remember it is a cruise not a dedicated T1 or cable line but for a ship I thought the connection and speed served me well.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins