3. Carnival Elation
I have cruised with carnival cruises on a few occasions and have typically enjoyed myself due to them being early twenties friendly. Although I didn't select the Elation ship personally, I still expected a good time due to past experiences. Boy, was I wrong. The Elation's decor was sooo dated and rusted. The staff were constantly in your way moving or cleaning something and needed you to move. The shops have the same over priced junk that are on all cruises, but the staffs attitudes make the junk that much more ugly. The food is microwaved garbage. The rooms are rusty and small. The performers of the "broadway" shows cannot sing (although subjective) The Freeport and Nassau destinations were boring. The ship essentially drops you off and a depot and you have to pay PER PERSON for taxi rides to anywhere that isn't at the depot where the same t-shirts and straw hats are being sold. It would be nice to go somewhere that gives you the ability to either walk locally or be able to get your own transportation. Having to pay $14 for a round trip taxi ride per person in my group, plus money to get onto the beach than to pay for expensive "island" food once there is a headache. The staff of the Elation have the biggest language barrier. They speak english, but more so like they were given a crash course of very basic english. To have to explain something a thousand ways before your room steward or waiter no longer looks confused is a hassle. The only good thing about the Elation was the comedy shows. The next time that I decide to spend nearly a grand on a cruise vacation, I will definitly be headed to Royal Caribbean for sure,

Carnival Elation? Carnival NO MORE

Carnival Elation Cruise Review by snm12589

• Sail Date: June 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Boy, was I wrong.

The Elation's decor was sooo dated and rusted.

The food is microwaved garbage.

The rooms are rusty and small.

The performers of the "broadway" shows cannot sing (although subjective)

snm12589’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Elation price drops

Interior
Cabin 4I E48
Typical interior sized cabin. The beds were comfortable, but the TV was small and the carpet was dated.
Grand Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins