3. Norwegian Jewel
We went on a spring break cruise on 4/3 out of Miami. This is my first time to the Caribbean. That part of the cruise I really enjoyed.

My last NCL cruise was out of Los Angeles to Mexico on the Star. I liked that cruise better overall. First of all on that cruise I had a Balcony Cabin. You really need that on NCL. There cabins are so small. There were 3 of us in the cabin. We were tripping over each other. I opted for category CC, and outside cabin instead of a balcony. I think it is around 146 square feet. Ok for 2 not for more. My daughter was across the hall in category J. They had 4 in their cabin. What a joke. I know they would never cruise with NCL again because of that reason alone.

The food was not up to par. They had a poor selection in the dining room and it was not very good. What's with the shrimp cocktail? That has to be a joke. We did eat one meal in Mama's Kitchen. I think Olive Garden is better. The buffet was not bad for breakfast and lunch. They didn't change things around too much but it was good. I liked the bbq outside they had one day.

The entertainment was ok. We really liked Cat's Pajamas. My husband purchased their DVD. The rest was just ok.

The main problem is there isn't anything to do on Sea Days. We had 2 sea days at the end of our nine day cruise. Bingo was expensive and they only had 3 or 4 games. I am not that jazzed the lay in the sun all day by the pool. I would like some activities on board. People really hogged the chairs by the pool. If you weren't out there by 9 or 10 forget it.

Maybe my last NCL Cruse

Rates
Ages 10 to 12

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OA 8614
Much much too small. spend the extra money and get a balcony. There was enough closet space and the bathroom was ok.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins