• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Crown Princess Review

Editor Rating
3 Awards

First time cruiser, first time to Alaska; impressed with Princess.

Review for Crown Princess to Alaska
journeycollector
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jun 2016
Cabin: Interior

Embarkation at Seattle: Easy. Line always kept moving. Room was ready when we got there.

Service: Exceptional. I’m not one who usually goes for being “pampered,” but I felt like a king (or a prince since this is Princess Cruises?). Our steward was helpful and always seemed to be around…but never hovered. Wait staff was amiable and professional. Top notch all around.

Food: Ranged from average to excellent. Two great meals in the Crown Grill (loved the filet mignon!) and had good food in the MDR (hello salmon! And I’m still having dreams about you, Fettuccine Alfredo!). Horizon Court/Cafe Caribe was standard buffet food, pretty much what I expected (how ‘bout some berries in the morning, please?). And what’s with the nickel and dime charge for gelato at the International Cafe? It’s good, but not worth paying extra. We did Anytime Dining because we didn't want to stick to a rigid schedule. Well, we learned it really should be called "Anytime Dining but reservations highly encouraged!" So, we decided what time we wanted eat dinner in the morning and made a quick call to the Dine line for reservations.

Interior

Cabin IE

Inside cabin, Riviera 724. Great location — aft of the ship. Just a few steps and we were at the Terrace pool and bar which was rarely crowded. The room was situated immediately below Cafe Caribe—only the occasional minor noise, but nothing that ever caused us to lose sleep. The room itself was more than adequate for the two of us. I only managed to hit my head on the closed-up bunk beds only once! I thought I might feel claustrophobic, but no worries. Shower: holy water pressure, Batman! Loved it.

Port Reviews

Seattle

Spent three days in the Seattle area pre-cruise. The first night we stayed at Salish Lodge & Spa in Snoqualmie. Excellent...and beautiful scenery. The following 2 nights we stayed in Seattle at the Hampton Inn-downtown. Great location! Toured the Space Needle, EMP Museum, Chihuly Garden and Glass, Pike Place Market, Argosy Cruises harbor tour, Seattle Great Wheel, Seattle Public Library, and Kerry Park.

Juneau

Only had time to do the Photo Point Trail. Want to go back again and do the Nugget Falls trail.

Victoria

Just took the shuttle bus downtown to walk around Victoria...lovely!

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from $299