3. Adventure of the Seas
We flew into San Juan the day before our cruise and enjoyed our night at the Hotel Miramar. Highly suggest flying into San Juan the night before in case of lost luggage (which happened to us) or flight delays. There were 7 in our party, 6 of us are Diamond members. When we cruise we do not get caught up in the small things that go wrong, it happens and your better off knowing that with a size of ship your going to have issues. We arrived around 10:45 in the morning and were able to bypass the long line to go to the Diamond area were we checked in quickly and got our sea pass cards. There was a short wait until be were given access to the ship and were seated at the windjammer by 11:45. I would give Royal credit on a quick check in process for us though I heard from several people they had to wait in the hot sun for quite awhile to enter. My suggestion is to wait until 1 or 2 o'clock that arrive the line was very short and no wait in the heat. We had an inside cabin on the 7th floor near the Library and loved the location. Close to everything we needed. Our room attendant Gerald was fantastic, never had an issue with our room and if we needed ice or extra towels no problem. The bathroom shows some wear but was clean and that is what is important to us. Windjammer was very good for breakfast. We had plenty of fresh fruit, pastries and anything else you could imagine. Service was excellent and we enjoyed eating there in the mornings. I did frequent the café promenade a couple of times in the morning for a light breakfast and the coffee, fruit cups and pastries were good. Dining room for 2 weeks your going to have night that are better than others. We sat on the 4th floor and our waiter Olexandra and Assistant Waiter Kundra did a very good job. Again we go with the flow a lot and I think that helped make our dining experience better. Food was good to very good. Appetizers are the strong point of the menu. We also did 1 night at Giovannis table and it was excellent. Left the table very full but happy I spent the extra money for the family style dinner. The Diamond Lounge for members was wonderful each evening. Everyone was so friendly. Big thumbs up to the Diamond crew. Entertainment was good, not the best I have seen on a cruise. Maybe it is me but I found the Royal singers and dancers boring. Maybe it was the music. The Motown group "Spectrum" were excellent. Wished they had 2 nights worth of shows. Comedians were OK as well as ice show. The Ice Show entrance is a mess, first come first serve which caused a huge throng of people to wait in a small area. Stupid arrangement, someone is going to get hurt because of people pushing and shoving to get in. The Pool areas as expected on sea days were packed but everyone got along and I didn't see any major problems. Some chair holders but not as bad as I have seen on previous cruises. Music was to loud and the band didn't start playing until 3:45. Cost cutting move? Piped in music doesn't cut it. The bars were good especially the Lobby Bar. Bartenders Yang and Bryan were excellent in managing the customers. They smiled and always said hello. In fact my our group felt this ships crew were very friendly and outgoing. Kudos! My biggest issue with RCCL is price gouging on drinks. Come on Royal, $8.95 plus tip for a Jack and Coke. Comes to over 10 bucks which is highway robbery. I know what the mark up is and that is just stupid pricing. The package is a good but if you drink steady or do like a lot of people buy 1 package and have 3 people drinking off of it. They just went to different bars to order and were never turned down. I know that is cheating but I didn't blame them. Disembarktion was a breeze until customs. They need some chill pills. Overall I would say our 2 week cruise was very good and again cruise with the idea things happen and go with the flow.

Back to back on the Adventurer

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by osujohn

Disembarktion was a breeze until customs. They need some chill pills.

osujohn’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Excellent cabin and room steward. Very good location. Bathroom could use some updating though it was clean.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans