3. Celebrity Silhouette
Friends were already going and we decided to give cruising ago and joined them. We loved the whole experience but there were a couple of things that could have been better. The ship was lovely and even though there were so many people on board there were always areas of solitude. The main dining room menu was very limited and the food was not always very good - we choose to go to the Oceanview cafe instead some nights.The service was excellent and all the staff were helpful and cheerful. The cabin 6101 was extemely comfortable but very noisy when coming into port due to the platform opening which was at 03.00 one morning which woke us up with a start! I will not be booking a forward cabin next time. The entertainment was fine and short so it fitted around dinner and drinks. Copenhagen and Rostock were lovely. Tallinn was very busy but interesting but I should have done more research before going as we missed some highlights as the maps we had were not great. We did these 3 places independently with no problems. We booked Guide Guru for our 3 days in St Petersburg and they were great and we learnt so much.We booked a private tour for the 4 of us as one of our group has a mobility scooter and the guides went out of their way to accommodate his needs. We did not get off the ship at Helsinki as it was very wet and then we were delayed going through the Archipelagoes and did not arrive until 19.00 in Stockholm so only did a Celebrity coach tour on the morning of disembarkation to delay the wait at the airport.The airport is very limited so take a good book!! As I searched all the reviews as a first time cruiser I will admit to being a smoker and can reassure any other 1st timers that there are areas to go that are kept clean and are comfortable - if it is not too windy!!! I came home feeling totally relaxed and looking to where to go on our next cruise!

Exceeded expectations

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Lizpr

The entertainment was fine and short so it fitted around dinner and drinks.

Lizprā€™s Full Rating Summary