• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Koningsdam Review

Editor Rating

Never again on this disorganized ship!

Review for Koningsdam to the Baltic Sea
Felice33
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2016
Cabin:

I had been on the Veendam once and enjoyed it. I wanted to see the Norwegian fjords and Nordkapp and the K offered SOLO cabins. I am a well travelled single woman. It started poorly when the rep at the AMS airport was nowhere to be found. Finally after asking around I found her. The bus driver was rude but that was nothing compared to embarkation which was total chaos and took forever.... Rude disorganized staff.

Cabin 1009 was lovely and had a great shower with high pressure; great steward. Guest Services was obnoxious. Instead of resolving issues they argued that they didn't exist. Joyce should be fired. Many guest complained.

The Lido was always jam packed and it was difficult to find a seat. Rude passengers and grouchy staff. As a single woman I had lots of trouble getting seated at dinner even though I was willing to sit with anyone. RUDE. I had a dinner at the Pinnacle included in my package. JOyce at GS told me there was no availability. When I persisted and finally dined there the place was over half empty.

18 Helpful Votes