3. Carnival Freedom
This was our first cruise as we were waiting for our children (11,15) to get old enough to remember it and enjoy the port excursions. Our overall experience for first timers was great, but I do have a few negatives to report. First the positives: the kids loved having endless amounts of food (especially ice cream) and someone to make their bed up everyday. I loved that they could wonder the ship on their own and I wasn't worried. All of the employees are extremely nice, even calling you by name! My favorite part were the dining room dinners at night. There were 11 of us that cruised together and we didn't see each other much of the day but at 8:15 every night everyone would meet at our dinner table and be greeted by our servers who asked about our day and called us by nicknames. The food at dinner was fantastic! Way better than the buffet and you could still get as much as you want. The rooms were adequate. I have 3 kids who shared a room with 3 twin beds. Our room was right across the hall and had a king size bed. Negatives: The breakfast and lunch buffet's were not that good. Always the same stuff (a few changes here and there). Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of choices, just not very good food. Best thing was the hamburgers at "Guys". Also, they didn't always open the lunch buffet on time and then it was closed from 3-6. Sometimes, because of ship activities or days at port, this was a problem. The biggest problem to me was the lack of family activities for preteen and teens. Of course there are designated rooms they could go to but they would have been split up because of their ages and we like to do things as a family. We enjoyed bingo but it was $20 a person. Kids enjoyed the game room but it was a dollar a game. The pool was always crowded with drunk adults (even though there are several adult only pools) and all the kid appropriate comedy shows happened at night during our dinner time. No shows during the day, although I was given the impression there was to be shows all day long. We went to Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel. I definitely recommend Little French Key island in Honduras and Chankanaab Bay in Cozumel.

Checked it off our list, no need to do again

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by LLAJH@TEXASBB.COM

LLAJH@TEXASBB.COM’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Freedom price drops

Interior
Cabin 4D 1218
Well taken care of and friendly staff.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins