3. Queen Elizabeth
We had driven around the Fjords of Norway in 1972 in a Saab I purchased in Amsterdam and shipped home from Goteborg, Sweden. We have seen the Fjords in New Zealand by air and bus and in Alaska by seas so we decided to go back to Norway to see the fjords by sea. My wife's brother is a big promoter of Cunard and has cruised on the Queen Victoria and the Queen Mary. He wanted to go on Queen Elizabeth and organized the tour with AAA. We traveled via London with he and his wife. The QE was beautiful maybe a little more formal than I had experienced on previous cruises. Overall I would say we had an very good to excellent experience. I did have three complaints: 1) I abhor the internet charges and for all the money you pay I cannot understand why we don't have free internet. The service we purchased was slow and at times non operational. I had to pay for an extra 50 minutes when my package was used at the exorbitant rate of 75 cents a minute. I know I was charged for 530 minutes which was 50 % waiting time for connections; 2) With your food service you get coffee, tea and all types of fruit juices, Why do they make you pay for diet sodas. I find this policy on all cruise liners really silly and unnecessary; 3) The food in the major restaurants was short on vegetables. The exception was the Lido at breakfast and lunch. The salads in the Britannia restaurant were generally lousy mostly lettuce, cucumbers and onions and lacked tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. When you received vegetables with a meal they were overcooked and the quantity was bite sized. Way to many potatoes, gravies, sauces and fried foods. I loved the lamb dishes, turkey, salmon, duck and beef when served without sauce and gravy(special request). I love every type of fresh fruit except lemons which like many US restaurants they put in every glass of water and soda. I always wonder why the lemon industry has so much influence on getting a lemon in every drink. On all the cruise liners I find most of the spa services overprices and the educational information they deliver heavy on junk science. As a scientist for 40 years I prefer medical information to be science based. I didn't really use the spa on QE except for the fitness center so should not be too critical. I did read all the sale literature they distributed.

Very good cruise except for there complaints. Would use Cunard again

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Jerome Frecon

Jerome Frecon’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Elizabeth price drops

Oceanview
Cabin EF 1062
Our cabin was excellent and exactly what we expected except for some noise below each time we docked at a new port. The room was spacious for us with lots of closets and hangars. The bath rooms could be larger. Our porter and room steward were friendly, timely and very helpful. I had a problem with a breathing machine which was immediately handled by the maintenance staff. I like the range of television stations and the newsletters and summaries of US news delivered each day. I rated our cabin excellent.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins