3. Carnival Magic
PROS: The Carnival Magic is a very beautiful ship with many features and bars to go to. The Red Frog Pub was a blast, especially for a bearded, beer drinking fool like myself who enjoys the pub atmosphere. Beer Pong was awesome as well, I was pleased they used real beer in this game compared to water on previous ships (both Carnival and Non Carnival). Some of the food I give an A, however overall I rate the food under average. Guys Burger Place was good, Tandoor (the Indian cuisine buffet) was fantastic! and the pizza tasted like it came from Italy, very very good! Alchemy Bar was amazing! Out of all the bars, the service here was by far the best. Great drinks and atmosphere. If you want to try something new this is the place to go, they will give recommendations based on your tastes. And friendly staff that know what they are doing and that also talk to you. CONS: Overall entertainment (shows and on-board events) I was unimpressed. For a ship that size, holding 3600+ passengers, I felt like there were very few activities. Went to one show and didn't care to go to another. The dinning room food was OK, better on some nights, not so good on other nights. The Lido Deck buffet tasted like a cheap buffet, and the lines were long. Overall food rating below average. Oh and the BBQ place is only open during lunch on sea days, that was disappointing as I didn't really get the opportunity to try it. Service needs a lot of improvement, everywhere with the exception of the stewards (read cabin review). Bar side service, especially in the Casino, was horrible! I would wait roughly 10 minutes to get my order taken and another 10 minutes to receive my order (mostly beer and coke). More complex drinks like a Mojito I understand, but waiting that long on a coke or beer is ridiculous. Never experienced that at a consistent rate on other Carnival ships. That average does not include the wait in the Casino. I wouldn't see a server for at least an hour to take a drink order, and it would take another hour (no exaggeration) to get my drink! I expect better from Carnival, especially from past experiences. Perhaps these cons have to do with there being 3600+ passengers on board and not enough staff, or perhaps not. Regardless, improvements need to be made if Carnival wishes to keep loyal customers. My family and I love Carnival, but we will be looking at another Cruise Line for our next cruise.

Not Too Impressed

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by cbl330

PROS:

CONS:

cbl330’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin 6L 2461
The cabin features overall were fantastic. Spacious, lots of storage and two bathrooms (the best!). Our Steward was amazing! Very friendly, knew our names, and greeted us every time we passed by. They kept our room nice and tidy. Some of the best cleaning service I've had on a Carnival ship.

My only and biggest complaint about the room was the temperature. The temperature was between 72 and 74 degrees, which after speaking with Guest Services this temp range was appropriate for the state rooms. We could not sleep well because it was so hot in our room, and they wouldn't or couldn't (don't want to necessarily make assumptions) readjust the minimum temperature (our thermostat was on the lowest setting and still 72 degrees in the room). Other Carnival ships I've been on (the magic being the 4th ship), the rooms were very comfortable, and cold how I like it.

My advice to Carnival Magic is to allow a wider temperature range in state rooms for various guests, not everyone likes a 70 degree room.
Deck 1 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Cave-Tubing
    Our guides were awesome! They gave us a history of Belize and gave us a short tour of Belize City as were traveling to the caves in the mountains.

The cave was beautiful, the river was crystal clear and refreshing and the culture and Mayan history was excellent! It was great to get away from the port and see a bit of the country.

Though Belize is poor, it is rich in culture and history. Those learning opportunities are not the easiest to find but once you do it is memorable. I only wished I had more time to immerse myself more into the Culture.

I will definitely go back again.
    View All 334 Cave-Tubing Reviews
  • Costa Maya
    Due to weather conditions we were unable to dock in Costa Maya and had to skip this port altogether, unfortunately we were not able to go to another port.

Disappointing yes, but we can't control the weather unfortunately. I was looking forward to this the most since we were visiting the ancient Mayan Ruins. But none the less, I have to say if we had to lose one port I'd rather it be Costa Maya since I have never been to Belize or Honduras before this trip and we were at least able to visit Mexico in Cozumel.

All in all, everything worked out for the best. This gave us an extra day at sea and an extra day to enjoy time with friends and family and the open seas.
    View All 2,529 Costa Maya Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Costa Maya Cruise Port Review
  • Cozumel
    Been to Cozumel several times and have enjoyed it each time. The water is always so beautiful! I din't take an excursion this time around, but my previous excursions from private beach resorts to snorkeling and Mayan Ruins have always been fun. This time I sat at a beach side bar in the port and enjoyed a couple of ice cold beers and the scenery. A nice relaxing day at my own pace.
    View All 6,712 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Roatan
    Isla de Roatan, Honduras is a beautiful island. The beach resort we went to was nice and relaxing. Large pool with waterfalls, nice beach and drinks and food included. If your wanting to relax this is the place to go, if you want to immerse yourself into the culture stay away from any resort style excursion.

I will definitely be back in Isla de Roatan.
    View All 13,167 Roatan Cruise Port Reviews