• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Veeta4One
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jun 2016
Cabin:

I went on this cruise a few years ago on the original Celebration, and had a really good time. The entertainment was excellent and the food was a good variety. The up grade of this ship only made the rooms larger. I booked this water taxi to the Bahamas10 months in advance, asking for an ocean view room, not realizing there were balcony suites available. I was disappointed to find that I had a room on the bottom of the ship, overpaying almost a thousand dollars for two people. During the early times of the morning (3am) there was a loud bumping sound. I later found out that our ship hit another ship. I have cruised on some of the best cruise lines since 1999, and to my knowledge they have never hit another ship.

This is a good starter cruise for people who are cruising for the first time, but be aware, the 15% gratuities in all the advertisements are now 18%, so buying those drinks can add up really high really quick. Don't fill out the online account if it says 15% because you will find yourself standing in line filling out another form with the 18% on it. Make sure you check your bills often. However, this is also a good cruise if you want to get away for a few days.

Our room was very clean, but the two beds together to become a queen bed, tend to split in the middle while you're sleep. We had a great steward, Roberto, who immediately accommodated me with extra pillows when I asked. He had our room spotless, and believe me, I looked.

Port Reviews

Freeport

We did not do excursions. We stayed at the Lighthouse Pointe All inclusive hotel in the Bahamas for a few days

15 Helpful Votes