• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Sail Date: Feb 2016
Cabin:
Commercial harbour at Valparaiso
Colquimbo commercial harbour

I chose a cruise as I have terminal cancer and am unable to do very much, so my carer and I decided a cruise would be a very good option as she could do as many of the shore excursions as she wanted to and I could do what I was able to do without hindering her enjoyment. The only dates that fitted both our diaries was the cruise Timeless South America from the 18th Feb to 5th March 2016.

Having been pronounced fit to fly by my thoracic consultant I knew that I would have to get clearance from Minerva's doctor. There was no form which Swan Hellenic required to be completed, for this procedure which would have been a huge help to my Oncologist and Thoracic Consultants as they kept being sent emails asking for more and more information, taking up their very precious time. All this took seven days to get the go ahead from the ship's doctor.

During this period there was almost daily communication to or from Swan Hellenic and at the beginning my carer and I decided that it would be easiest if I made the booking for both of us, which I duly told Swan Hellenic, as I couldn't go without a carer and my carer didn't want to go alone.

21 Helpful Votes