3. Carnival Inspiration
The worst, most inedible food I have ever tried to eat. We were a party of 3. Took my mother for her 87th birthday, since she loves cruises and previously has been on 6 cruises. ( no Carnival cruises) Ship boarding in Long Beach went smoothly. People that are leaving reviews must remember that 2700 passengers are trying to board the ship so there are going to be lines. It went smoothly and the lines moved along well. Got on the ship and yes, the decor is dated , but it's clean and what I expected for one of the less expensive cruises. The problem with Carnival is the food situation. We ate in the dining room one night and the food was absolutely inedible. Our entrees were: salmon, Mahi Mahi, and flat iron steak. This food was so tasteless, rubbery, with mushy broccoli that all 3 of us were finished after eating a small portion of our entrees. For the rest of the cruise we ate in the Lido buffet which was worse than the dining room food. The set up for the buffet is so bad in that it is very difficult to reach the food trays in order to scoop food onto your plate. Eggs made from powder Pancakes , French toast, waffles that were sad, rubbery and never replenished Little hash brown patties that were obviously from frozen Baked goods such as croissants that were so old and stale I won't even go into the lunch and dinner items. The buffet closes at 9:30pm and the ship advertises that food is available 24 hrs. True, food is available 24 hours if you care to eat their pizza that is not edible as a food item. They also have what they call a "deli" available 24 hours and I had a few Reuben sandwiches and they were tasty. The best food on the ship is Guy Fiearys Burgers. One of the best burger and fries I have ever had. By no means did the food situation ruin our trip, but I don't understand why other cruise lines can do such a great job of food and Carnival can't even come close. I understand that these short Carnival cruises are one of the least expensive, but I am sure they could do something about the food situation.

OMG : worst food I have ever tried to swallow

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Kenwsf

The worst, most inedible food I have ever tried to eat.

We were a party of 3.

Ship boarding in Long Beach went smoothly.

The problem with Carnival is the food situation.

Eggs made from powder

Pancakes , French toast, waffles that were sad, rubbery and never replenished

Little hash brown patties that were obviously from frozen

Baked goods such as croissants that were so old and stale

I won't even go into the lunch and dinner items.

Kenwsf’s Full Rating Summary