Marina Cruise Review

None

Marina Cruise Review by Ollieboy

• Sail Date: Apr 2016
  • Destination: the South Pacific

17 night cruise started in Papeete.

Easter Island was on the itinerary for this 17 night voyage. It was the only reason I chose this particular cruise. We were due to have two days on the island. Having arrived on time the Captain decided that the swell of the sea was too great for disembarkation. After just a few hours he made the decision to sail away to Peru. I found this unbelievable. He didn't even wait to see if the weather changed. Interestingly he was able to allow the comic to get on board along with some food supplies. This took place without incident. Hundreds of passengers were devastated with his decision to sail away and we were not even given a full explanation of his reasoning. Passengers gathered in the reception in order to complain and the concierge and other staff walked away from the passengers which I found highly unprofessional.

The atmosphere on the ship changed after this incident and the relentless days at seas that followed were a total nightmare.

The Machu Picchu trip booked with Oceania at the end of the cruise was a rip off. We were asked to obtain Doctors permission to undertake the four day trip. Not once was I asked if I had the permission so why did I bother, clearly no one else did! In my group of 14 people there were three disabled guests who couldn't cope with the terrain. These guests held up our group and together with a gentleman who was suffering from dementia totally ruined the trip and I didn't get to see all of the iconic Macchu Picchu site. I couldn't have been more disappointed, especially as I didn't get to see Easter Island.

I wrote to Oceania when I arrived home explaining all the things that had gone wrong. Interestingly an email arrived yesterday which clearly stated that Oceania were not responsible for anything! It appears to me that Oceania can act and do exactly what they want, when they want, hiding behind a whole host of excuses and never take responsibility for anything or anyone. It is simply incredible.

This trip was the most expensive one I have ever taken and it has to be the very worst holiday I have ever experienced.

I believe that Oceania sold a cruise that was not 'fit for purpose'.

Ollieboy's Full Rating Summary