• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

bgreenwell88
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jun 2016
Cabin:

This was my 3rd cruise with carnival. 1st time however on the Triumph. I've always had a great experience with Carnival. However this cruise did not meet my expectations. My family made the most of it, but the main difference here was the people working the ship. Many of them seemed very stand offish and just didn't seem to put our wants or needs as a priority. For example if you went up to a bar to ask for a drink many times you'd have to flag the person down and say hey can I get a drink. They would be standing there talking or helping someone else and wouldn't even acknowledge your existence. Most every time I/we waited 15 + minutes to get a drink. I don't know if the cheers program has made the service decline or what? But it was terrible. Do not buy the cheers program. In order to have 15 drinks in a day you'd be sitting at the bar asking for drinks your entire vacation. You'd be better off paying for buckets of beer and only going to the bar a couple times a day. Just became very aggravating. They were rude with their answers to questions and it was just very frustrating to spend hard earned money on a family vacation to only be serviced in this way. Won't be going on a another Carnival Cruise. Another difference was our cabin didn't have a refrigerator, which was an inconvenience. The money to go on a different line would be well worth it if the service is there. The boat and the cleanliness was fine it was the bar staff that spoiled it for us. Our waiting staff in the dining room was great and so was the people cleaning our rooms. It was the bar staff, which during the day (majority of the time) we were dealing with around the pool, etc.

Cabin Deck 2 interior

Cabin was clean and nice laid out very good. With two kids the bunk beds were great. No refrigerator was a hinderance.

4 Helpful Votes