3. Marella Dream
Firstly I will say, as I have travelled on NCL ships I was comparing. The first night I was so deflated at being on such an old ship. It really is run down and dated. Although the cabins are modern and comfortable. The 2nd day, after I had slept and got my bearings, things did get better. We had a major bathroom problem but it was promptly rectified. This happened 3 times during our stay, but every time it was mended, while we were not in the cabin, so not much of a distress. By the 2nd night we had learned the names of some of the staff in the Lido bar area and the trip was getting more bearable. A special thanks to Romnel who made our cruise special. What a lovely man and he works with such professionalism while being friendly, attentive, and service was always with a smile. Most of the Lido staff were good and efficient also, so we tended to drink and eat at that end of the boat. The Orion restaurant was lovely for a change of meal, and Rouman was a credit to the staff. AS for the entertainment, we loved David Morgan every night. His choice of music really kept the guests wanting more. The food onboard is lovely with variation. The ship also have buy one get one free drinks which was great as we sampled different cocktails and beers etc. I had the pleasure of talking to the captain one night and reflected my pleasure at the staff, and how the ship was run. He was a very nice man to talk to and welcomed the positive feedback. All in all, by the time we were docking to leave the ship, I didn't want to leave. I was enjoying it so much. And the smaller ship was a lot better than the more luxurious but larger ships of NCL. On negative notes, I have 2 gripes. The heating/aircon in the cabin was either on which was far far too cold. Or it was off so was stifling. My other gripe was how much was charged to eat in all but 2 restaurants.. When booking the cruise and you look at what restaurants are onboard, you automatically assume its all included. Not a charge. ..... NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS AT ALL. But I will still cruise this ship again due to the staff.

Surprised

Marella Dream Cruise Review by jomagcin1

• Sail Date: February 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean
Firstly I will say, as I have travelled on NCL ships I was comparing.

jomagcin1’s Full Rating Summary