3. Regal Princess
This was my first time on a Princess Cruise, having cruised on a few occasions with Royal Caribbean. The ship in itself was great with up to date deco. I can't fault the cabins which were comfortable and with modern amenities. However, I did not rate the table service as being of a high standard, likewise the Horizon restaurant, which was also always crowded. Some of the staff were friendly but a good majority gave me the impression they did not enjoy their jobs-sullen and unsmiling faces. The bar and casino staff were great and I enjoyed having a yarn with them at all times of the day. The menus for seated dining was not impressive at all. For a large ship, it lacks in facilities, compared with RC ships of the same category that come with ice skating rinks and rock climbing. Showtime entertainment was ok but could be better. A stand up comedian would have been something different, instead of musicals and dance shows. I agree with a writer that shore excursions were pretty pricey, especially in Berlin and St Petersburg.

A Tad Disappointing