3. Amadeus Silver II
This was my first river cruise. I had no idea what to expect. I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed my time. The Amadeus Silver II was very nice and the staff was more than helpful and accommodating. We were part of a larger group on board. Some of the members of my group were very particular (to say the least) on what they would eat.. ie... no gluten, no sugar, no artificial anything... They mostly ate omelets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Kudos to the staff for being able to handle them! If I worked on board I would have been fired! As for the rooms.. my only complaint was that the twin beds were narrower than a standard twin bed and therefore I was fearful of turning over and falling out. The rooms could have had a better layout. ie.. getting rid of the build in desk and nightstand. The bathroom was clean and spacious with a walk in shower with both a shower head and a hand held shower. The features were very modern. Food on board was delicious. Open seating for breakfast and lunch with assigned table for dinner. Two options for lunch.. either a light lunch in the panoramic deck or a sit down lunch in the dining room. Dinner was served around 7-730 with 1 seating. Some cruisers thought this was too late. For me it was just right most of the time. Optional excursions that were included were in my opinion a waste of time. They hired local guides who really guided the group to what they thought was interesting. If you have a copy of Rick Steve with you, you will do much better on his walking tours. The optional paid for excursions.. well, what can I say... your $ gave you the transportation and price of admission... On board activities were limited to a gym, shuffleboard and nightly entertainment (usually from the tour operator). The staff did put on a comedy show which was absolutely hilarious so Kudos to them. We did run into a bit of trouble once leaving Austria headed to Prague... The Danube was too high to continue.. the boat was unable to pass under some bridges. Our captain made a great call. Unfortunately, we had to disembark in Austria and drive 4.5 hrs by bus to Prague. The tour operator paid for this as well as a group dinner.

Amadeus Silver II Blue Danube

Amadeus Silver II Cruise Review by tobyscruff

tobyscruff’s Full Rating Summary
Get Amadeus Silver II price drops

The rooms were very nice, clean and modern. The rooms were a little small. We had a huge walk in closet with a safe and mirror. There was plenty of storage space in the closet with hangers provided, shelving and a few cubes. The bathroom was clean and spacious with a walk in shower with both a shower head and a hand held shower. The sink was very modern and could have used a little more space around it to keep cosmetics and such. As for the beds: my only complaint was that the twin beds were narrower than a standard twin bed and therefore I was fearful of turning over and falling out. There was storage under the bed to place you suitcase to get it out of the way. There were 2 swivel chairs in the room with a fridge and minibar. The TV was a flatscreen on the wall at the foot of the bed. The only problem was that the only stations that were English was CNN and BBC. I wish they would have had a movie station or DVD's available for nighttime. Our window was awesome! The top 1/2 would lower with the push of a button to make it like a balcony so we could get fresh air.