3. Scenic Jewel
My husband and I chose to repeat an Amsterdam to Budapest river cruise, but this time on a Scenic boat, because they offered different stops/excursions than the previously used company. I wish we had chosen Scenic the first time--this cruise was absolutely fabulous! I find it hard to identify anything negative about the company, the boat, the service; nothing at all was disappointing. First impression upon boarding the boat was unexpected--here's the Captain handing me a gorgeous long-stemmed rose and a warm welcome. Everyone working this boat, from Capt Igor; Capt Dan the Hotel Manager, Kurt the Cruise Director, Lt Michai the Restaurant Manager, Valerie our Butler, Milana our Steward, and all the others who worked to make our cruise memorable, were doing just that--working. On this boat the officers did not stand by and oversee--they were involved. Their commitment to service was observed every day; in their routines and in their responses to requests (and even response to an idle wish that was overheard). The excursions were great, and there were no short-cuts taken--guides were knowledgeable and tours often included tastings or entertainment. Our cabin was kept spotless, and Milana popped in several times a day to see if anything was wanted/needed. George, the chef, must have worked 24/7 because we've never seen so much food--it all was presented and tasted superbly--no reason for hunger on this boat! Another factor we liked was the price included everything: excursions, tips, beverages, everything. We highly recommend a Scenic river cruise; I'm doing some shopping now to find another one for us.

A fabulous 2-week vacation!

Scenic Jewel Cruise Review by Blueridgeappy

Blueridgeappy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Jewel price drops

The cabin was a bit tight but plenty of storage, and the outside balcony made up for any loss of space within the room. The balcony window that was the width of the room could be lowered to take advantage of good weather, or raised in case of rain or cold. The bath was spacious and had a large shower and plenty of water pressure; however, water temperature fluctuated a little more than I like.

• City Tour
    Beautiful city with many interesting places flavored by a turbulent history. The guide was very knowledgeable and spoke excellent English; however, i did not appreciate his inserting his political views on the current situation into the tour description.
    View All 305 City Tour Reviews