• Newsletter

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2016
Cabin: Aft-View Extended Balcony
Traveled with children

My extended family decided on this cruise; my aunt & uncle being frequent cruisers. This was mine and my children's first cruise. I must say -- I was thoroughly underwhelmed. The quarters were small but I expected that. The food was mostly bland and most noticeably, the cake served was literally frosting or mousse with cake crumbs added. The room rattled pretty much all day and night -- likely noise from the vents, which by the way, didn't work. The room was constantly stuffy and with a room of four, that definitely did suck. Our steward was super pleasant and thorough, however. The bartender at the Alchemy Bar was outstanding and the waiters and waitresses at dinner were nothing short of wonderful.

The ship seemed old and the room fixtures and decor reflected this, especially in the stateroom.

I have two children, one teenaged and a six year old. The six year old had a lot of fun at Camp Carnival once we found it. There was no announcement, no map, no nothing. He only got to go two out of the five days.

Aft-View Extended Balcony