• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Navigator of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Disappointed with Royal Carribbean as a company.

Review for Navigator of the Seas to Canary Islands
fran49
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jun 2016
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
I did love the Flowrider

This was our ninth cruise but our first cruise with Royal Carribbean and it was certainly not "cheap". Although we bought an All inclusive cruise it certainly was not as we found out it was for only house wine and beer. Also we understood that if we paid gratuities before sailing we would be able to have My time dining. i was just told "oh you have to do that before boarding .You have to stick with the 6 pm. meal now(much too early)8.30 much too late.On boarding we were sent to have lunch in the Windjammer and while i was getting my lunch my husband ordered a white and a red wine. On my return the waiter and the restaurant manager were at the table telling my husband he had to pay.My husband told them that i had the final invoice in my hand luggage showing i had the wine and beer package.I had my lunch on the table and they wanted to see the invoice which i found unacceptable. After seeing it but still insisted we sign for the drinks as apparently we were not on the system 25 dollars (£17).I found this extremely embarrassing.We went and queued at customer service and i demanded a void slip. This came but the young man said that we could only have wine up to 8 dollars on our package. This proves to me that if you ask for just a wine without a package you get sold the expensive one. Drinks without a package are extremely expensive. eg.A bottle of Bud is £4.

The ship itself was glamorous and clean. The food in The Windjammer was fine.We ventured once into the Saphire dining room but I personally could not put up with the waiter who kept bending down and talking into my ear asking me why i had not been at the table before etc. etc. He positively oosed over me . We didn't go back. If you like fried eggs go to the Windjammer where they cook to order.The restaurant eggs are terrible. For 3 days at sea there was not enough going on to keep us entertained. On other ships we have Ice carving and fruit carving demonstrations. Also how to make an animal out of a towel.The only things going on were payable extras or things to make you part with your money. Trying to find a seat around the ship in the evening was a nightmare..When we arrived at Madeira 3 days in we only had 3hrs there, P&O ship was there when we arrived and there when we left. Lanzarote‎ was pretty much the same.

The good things on board were the ICE SHOW, the hypnotist the juggler and the violinist. which we both enjoyed.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin E2

The cabin was very nice and a lovely size with a balcony Close to the stairs and lifts. Unfortunately every time i opened the door I could smell what can only be described as sweaty heads.My husband said maybe it could be something they were cleaning with but i cant think what smells like that. I was also bitten on my wrist 4 times on the first night and twice on day 7. Our cabin lady was very good despite this.

Port Reviews

Lanzarote

Not enough time in port to go anywhere

Vigo

The ship docked more or less in the town. I liked the atmosphere here although there were beggars here.

Tenerife

Not a bad walk into town

7 Helpful Votes