3. Strand Cruise
Where does one start? Well, first of all the welcome at the airport followed by a sumptuous champagne breakfast by the side of the river before being taken to the ship. What strikes one first of all is the amazing smiles of all around, nothing is ever too much for them without being too over the top, it comes naturally to them and is not "forced". The ship is modern but classic at the same time, very fresh, welcoming and in a world of its own. The young lady who took us to our cabin was most informative without taking too much time about the formalities. The cabin is sheer luxury, view of the river, spacious and most of all an amazing bed... if one hadn't come for the sight seeing experience too one could stay all day in bed, it is so so comfortable. A wonderful touch was that we had a little present every evening on our beds, what a delightful surprise, be it a puppet, a lacquer bowl, such a refined touch. The meals on board were out of this world, from breakfast to lunch, a mix of Asian but also European, tasty, all together what you would expect, and more, on a luxury ship of this calibre. The décor on the deck as well as the traditional dining room make you feel special without being over the top, just pure class. The only "problem" is don't expect to go on a diet whilst you are on board, everything is far too tempting... well for three days one has to make the most of it all! The excursions are well organised, in small groups with very informative guides. The wealth of the country's heritage is incredible and the guides are proud to share it with us. So many beautiful temples and sites. When not eating, touring or swimming in the pool on deck the evenings were spent in a relaxed manner or being entertained by local people. The dance demonstration (being watched from the riverside by the little local children), was a real pleasure. After a "hard day's work" sightseeing we choose to finish the afternoon at the massage salon, what a wonderful experience. All in all I have to say that words do fail me to describe an experience I will never forget and feel very privileged to have enjoyed. It certainly would not take any kind of persuasion for me to go again. I would recommend it to anyone. The service was so good that I felt very "special". thank you The Strand and à bientôt!

A breathtaking cruising experience

Strand Cruise Cruise Review by beatricefinlan

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Asia

beatricefinlan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Strand Cruise price drops

Cabin can't remem
We did not have a suite but the cabin was spacious, well equipped. The bed so comfortable and large. View over the river and a charming bathroom with nice Roger and Gallet products. The décor is very tasteful and fresh. A nice restful room.