• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

loveforocean
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: May 2016
Cabin: Oceanview Obstructed

I travelled with my husband & daughter (adult). We all had a very relaxing and good time during the cruise. The (Bordeaux) dining room food was good and the staff were very accommodating and would do anything to please you. The Horizon buffet food was only 50% likeable for me although I was always open, so it's convenient. I do not care for spicy food such as the Indian food that were served. We enjoyed the piano bar entertainer "Jeri Ring",; "Boston comedian" was good but the entertainment production was not that good. Port excursions were a bit pricey but enjoyable; it was worry free that you'll get back to the ship on time.

Embarkation in Whittier, Alaska was smooth except for a 30 minutes wait for the wheelchair service to arrive. Disembarkation was a complete disaster in Vancouver. We bought the Stanley Park and City Tour excursion with airport drop-off at the end of the tour. We waited on line standing-up for about an hour before getting on a bus. The land agents were not saying what the line was for. Finally, one of the agent said that there were just too many passengers and few busses. In short, they overbooked since several ship were at the port that day.

Overall, I would do the same Alaska route again and will go on a newer Princess Ship.

Oceanview Obstructed

We stayed at an obstructed view cabin, half of the window has view & half was the tender. We hardly stayed in our cabin so the obstruction did not bother us. We were always in the public areas meeting new friends.

There was no lotion supply on this cruise. Shampoo and conditioner was available. We requested robe during reservation but not provided.

Plenty of closet spaces for 3 people. Suitcases fit under the bed.

3 Helpful Votes