• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Celebrity Eclipse Review

Editor Rating
102 Awards

First and last cruise with Celebrity

Review for Celebrity Eclipse to the Baltic Sea
lesnjean
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2016
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda 1C

After being given a check in time which we met we had to wait almost two hours in the terminal before our number was called, no apology or explanation was given. The cabin was adequate and clean though uninspiring, our luggage was at the door on arrival, the coffee supplied in the cabin was tasteless though elsewhere was good. The ship as a whole was quite impressive and appeared to be nice and clean however despite being absolutely fastidious with the hand cleansing we contacted the dreaded norovirus, I was ill first and confined myself to the cabin for four days and dosed up on anti sickness and diarrhoea pills, whilst I was ill a flyer was sent around warning of the sickness, too late for me to get free treatment. I could not go on the two pre paid trips to St Petersburg, we were refused a refund as we applied only 22hours beforehand. My wife was able to go on the trips but on her return she also was ill the nurse attended and gave her a free injection and some pills. The cabin was gradually emptied of soft furnishings etc and started to resemble a 2* hotel room. We dined mainly in the café which had a good variety of nice food to start with but the self service was cancelled and the choice vastly cut back after the virus took hold. The cabin staff were excellent as were all other staff we came in contact with. I am still awaiting a call back from Celebrity after giving them a low score on their customer satisfaction survey, won't hold my breath.

Deluxe Veranda 1C