3. Disney Fantasy
We traveled with family - 6 adults (ages 60, 58, 35, 32, 29 and 25) and an 11 year old across three cabins. I've been on three prior Carnival cruises, but this was my first Disney cruise. I married into a Disney-loving family and we've all spent a good amount of time at Walt Disney World. First, the ship: It was lovely. Big. Fairly easy to navigate, although there were a few corners we didn't quite manage to explore. Very clean and well-maintained, and I loved the decor - especially in the main lobby/atrium. That chandelier was gorgeous. Nice little Disney touches everywhere but it doesn't feel like you're inside a cartoon or anything. Our stateroom was on Deck 7, forward, a family outside with a huge porthole window (with a narrow seat, wide enough to perch on or for a kid) and split bath. Good amount of space to move around. It's across from the laundry room but we did not notice any extra noise. The bed was very comfortable and the split bathroom was nice, we each "claimed" one for teeth brushing and things of that nature. The toiletries were very nice (loved the larger size tubes instead of those teeny ones you get at WDW). I found it a bit odd there were no outlets in the bathroom save for one high-up one for a shaver, but I dried my hair at the desk and it was no big deal. The tub is not ideal for bathing an adult (unless you're just washing your feet or something) but would work for a child, otherwise you have the choice of a hand-held showerhead or the overhead rain-style. Alana was our cabin steward and she did a fantastic job; on the first evening we asked her to bring ice and we were never without it the rest of the trip. She kept everything clean, neat and organized. Dining: We mostly ate at Cabanas for breakfast and lunch (exception being two in-port days) and the main dining rooms for dinner. Cabanas has a pretty good variety, and it never felt terribly crowded to me, which I appreciated. I recommend checking out all your options before deciding what to eat - breakfast included some choices I didn't see the first day, like yogurt plus toppings, which would also have worked for oatmeal. I am a coffee snob and didn't think much of the coffee, but there was a nice selection of tea as well. For the MDR dinners, nearly everything I ate was fantastic. Our waiters were Martin and Kadhri, and they worked beautifully together. Martin had his recommendations each night; one night I ordered a pasta dish that I liked, but he apparently wasn't a fan of, and he wanted to make extra sure I was happy and really did like it. Drinks were refilled quickly, courses came out pretty smoothly, and everything went well. I did find the dining rooms a bit noisy - a lot of clamor and clatter. I'm not sure if it was because of where our tables were or just the acoustics of the rooms. Us younger adults enjoyed the Europa entertainment district, and spent a lot of time at O'Gills and La Piazza, as well as stops in Skyline and The Tube. This might sound weird, but the bathrooms between La Piazza and the Tube are not to be missed - they are really cool! Round rooms, with round stalls and cool tiled walls. As for the bars, service was generally good and I thought the drinks were reasonably priced, especially for a cruise ship. O'Gills has fantastic pub-branded Irish Creme and a house red ale. Later in the evening (around 10:30, I believe) they put a variety of bar food snacks out in the little area near the bathrooms for everyone to munch on. Love this idea. We also enjoyed the musicians who were playing, especially The Dreamers and Take Cover. I have to give a lot of credit to Disney for the Navigator app. It is BRILLIANT. You can check out dinner menus, see the day's activities, look at deck plans and best of all, message other cruisers. With custom Disney emoji, even! It works on the ship's wifi without paying for any other internet service. I only wished they'd add a few more features (although now I can't remember what they were, sadly). Ports: We stopped at Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay. Tortola was a most-of-the-day trip to The Baths. It was well organized overall, but I thought a few details should have been in the description - it really is a hike down to the beach, for starters. And if you're going through the caves, you need to be able to navigate tide pools, get through small spaces and generally be a little adventurous. Water shoes are highly recommended. Also, lunch was included but we didn't eat till kind of late. The food was tasty but our choices were basically chicken, ribs, or fish; rice; mac & cheese; veggies, and a can of soda or bottle of water. Note that there is a freshwater pool up at the Top of the Baths that you can use to dunk in/cool off during that part of the day. At St Thomas my husband and I went over to the Frenchtown side of Charlotte Amalie and checked out a nanobrewery, which we highly recommend - Frenchtown Brewing. It's in a lofted area off the alley above Pie Whole. We then ate lunch at Rum Shandy, next door. This was a cool area of town that I don't think as many cruise ship tourists see. It's only a 10 minute walk back to downtown Charlotte Amalie. Our day at Castaway Cay was cut short - we were out on the beach when a storm rolled in, and within minutes it was pouring and windy. We had to make our way back to the ship in the driving rain, because the trams weren't running. But Disney had a backup plan and we rolled with it. - Pools rarely seemed too crowded, and I really liked the adults-only area; the AquaDuck was tons of fun. - I checked out the fitness center one day, and it was nice enough, but a little stuffy up there. We played mini-golf one afternoon and really enjoyed it. - We wished for another night or two of adult karaoke; there was only one (the rest was "family" karaoke which meant mostly kids singing Disney tunes). - The activities staff were a lot of fun, especially Tisa and Joshiie. All in all, we had a great vacation and it was in no small part due to Disney's great ship and excellent customer service. These cruises are pricey but they are also high quality and I would definitely go again, given the chance.

Great times had by all

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by suburban_awesome

• Sail Date: June 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom

- The activities staff were a lot of fun, especially Tisa and Joshiie.

suburban_awesome’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin 08B 7014
Huge porthole window (with a narrow seat, wide enough to perch on or for a kid) and split bath. Good amount of space to move around. It's across from the laundry room but we did not notice any extra noise. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well.

The split bathroom was nice, we each "claimed" one for teeth brushing and things of that nature. The toiletries were very nice (loved the larger size tubes instead of those teeny ones you get at WDW). I found it a bit odd there were no outlets in the bathroom save for one high-up one for a shaver, but I dried my hair at the desk and it was no big deal. The tub is not ideal for bathing an adult (unless you're just washing your feet or something) but would work for a child, otherwise you have the choice of a hand-held showerhead or the overhead rain-style.

I don't usually expect much from hotel/cruise ship hairdryers but this one was a BaByLiss and very nice.

Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins