My husband and I booked this, as it was Malta to Malta and we had no flying. Having done approximately 10 other cruises before, we can honestly say this was down there at the bottom. The embarkation process was excellent, well organised and very quick. Our cabin (1007) which was a balcony, was ready upon embarkation and was a reasonable size with lots of storage,, however there starts the downfall, during the cruise, our toilets stopped flushing for a whole day, and another day we were without water in the cabin for the whole day, we couldn't shower to go out on tour, then when we got back we could not wash or shower before dinner (all we got was one bottle of water to supplement us)!. The carpet was not vacuumed and there were bits all over. The cabin steward left no details of his name, and the this day (disembarkation) we still do not know his/her name (shoddy to say the least). Plus side is the cabin was quiet and we had an excellent nights sleep. I used the spa and booked a pilates session- this was excellent! She stretched my abilities and I had a thorough work out. I was going to go back for a second, but never got around to it- shame. Security aboard the ship thought they were protecting the president of USA. They never cracked a smile or exchanged pleasantries which we saw. Breakfasts were at the hottest, warm and some occasions cold once I asked if they had warm plates to put the warm food on and the staff member actually said what a good idea, it would stop the food getting cold! lunch was virtually the same throughout the week. I am surprised the ship has not gone down with any infections, as no-one and I mean o-one used the hand sanitisers, there was no member of staff to make people use them and they were not even placed very strategically! Entertainment was a joke first night was introduce the staff, and two other nights was screened football in the theatre. So, 3 out of 7 nights the animation team had off! There was no poolside entertainment, sorry I lie, there was bingo round the pool?, ad bingo in the bar later around 20.00. Entertainment between 14.00 and 16.00 was siesta time!!!Evenings were very tame affairs i.e. RCL (who incidentally own CDF) will have animated village people groups and bought in acts during a cruise. Not so on Zenith! The dancers were good entertainment, but the shows lacked Pzazz. The bar staff and the dining room staff were excellent, and made up for the rest of the ships faults and the lack of enthusiasm in the rest of the crew. Sorry! I cannot recommend this cruise unless you are 90 plus!

Sad old ship for old people!

Zenith Cruise Review by idealcat

Sorry! I cannot recommend this cruise unless you are 90 plus!
idealcat’s Full Rating Summary
Get Pullmantur Zenith price drops

Quiet and well appointed. Not much corridor traffic. Here endeth the story, see my main review.