3. Viking Modi
Had taken this cruise 12 years ago and thought my companions would enjoy. The ship was well laid out and quite luxurious. Crew was absolutely wonderful, especially the program director known as Joey. Food was very good. I cannot give cruise 5 stars because of some ill-chosen ports. Miltenberg and Bamberg were small and not interesting enough to justfy the hours we had to stay there. Rudesheim, Mainz, etc would be better choices. Bishop's Palace in Würzburg was overcrowded and guide told most of us far more than we wanted to know about the decor. I recommend this be an optional tour. Rothenburg was optional and the opposite would be better in my opinion. Another complaint is lack of time in some of the more interesting ports such as Budapest and Nurnberg. I did love having full days on Vienna. If you like river cruising Viking is an excellent choice. They train their staff well and are attentive to guests. There is freedom to relax aboard if that suits you. In some ports it was possible to avoid the tours and explore on one's own.

Grand European River Cruise by Viking

Viking Modi Cruise Review by Cruciere

Had taken this cruise 12 years ago and thought my companions would enjoy.

Cruciere’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Modi price drops

Although small, cabin is well-planned and there was sufficient closet and drawer space. There was a mildew smell im bathroom. Steward scrubbed thoroughly but it never completely dusappeared.
  Viking Modi Deck Plans