• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

forgap
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2016
Cabin:

We decided to book this cruise rather late in the game as Regent kept sweetening the deal with OBC and business air. The itinerary was 21 days and took us from Dubai to Barcelona, including ports in Oman, Jordan, Egypt, Israel, Cyprus, Greece, and Italy. I imagine that the unpredictability of the Middle East scared off many passengers but by the time we sailed, we had 680 hardy passengers on board.

This was our 5th Regent cruise and, honestly, the best one to date. I frequently read negative CC reviews of Regent and I sometimes wonder if we are really sailing the same cruise line. I guess if you expect bowing and scraping and perfection, then this is not the cruise line for you! However, I doubt that any cruise line would meet those expectations. For the most part, our needs were met before they even crossed our minds.

Cabin and cabin service was excellent. We had the most congenial team and whenever I would leave a note (most often for more champagne!), the requested item was there when we returned to our cabin. As described in most reviews, the cabins are spacious with a sleeping area, a lounge, a balcony, and a large bathroom and closet. The ship is going into dry dock later this year for a whole ship refurbishment. The cabins were in good shape but the décor could use refreshing, although it was nowhere near objectionable.

18 Helpful Votes