3. Seven Seas Mariner
Rating the overall experience with Regent is difficult because pre cruise wise I would give them zero but once on board it was very good. Pre cruise I had great difficulty getting any answers or sense out of them via the phone line whatsoever regarding anything whatsoever. infact half the time the phone operators knew less than me!. It was totally hopeless trying to get our second Prime 7 reservation which we were entitled to so I gave up. My flight upgrade, by the time I had phoned them about 10 times they agreed I could book the seats and were VERY LUCKY to get the last 2 window seats even though I had paid for them WEEKS BEFORE they wouldn't let us book the actual seats till it was almost too late. My excertion to the Alaskan Wildlife Centre, they fobbed me off for months until it was too late to do it ourselves. The spa, although it is a seperate company its still on their ship, we gave up and din't bother in the end after trying for weeks to get a reservation. Final icing on the cake was when they took us to our overnight hotel promising our ship boarding details would be in place and they weren't!, next morning we still had no idea how / when we would be getting to the ship. Bad review over, once we got onboard it was all pretty good but the pre cruise experience is enough to put you off boarding! We stayed in a basic cabin and found it very well planned out and 100% practical ,everything in the right place, plenty of hot water, plug sockets and mirrors in all the right places, tv that swivelled to bed/ sitting area etc. Restaurants, we really didn't take to the chaotic / confusing set up on deck 11. Sometimes buffet sometimes a la carte, sometimes people dining on the pool deck outside took up all the seats. Things in life just need to be clear to me and it just irritated me up there because I was never totally clear exactly what was going on!. Compase Rose, simply loved it,we were seated at our own table and knew exactly where we were up to. Food was consistently good. Signatures. to me french food is the best in the world yet I felt the menu lacked imagination, flair and enthusiasm, this restaurant should be soooooooo much more exciting, what a shame, staff were great though. Prime 7, well when I heard the best restaurant was a steak house I was shocked!, abit like saying the no 1 restaurant in the UK is a fish and chip shop, so I wasn't expecting much!, anyway as it goes the food was very good and so was the service. Trips to shore, generally very well orgonised although many of the best ones were payable. Embarking took longer than it should but disambarking was quick and well orgonised and the complimentary tour put on for those of us with late flights was much appreciated and very good. Entertainment etc,we aren't fans of sea days, we are more destination focussed cruisers but I think there were shows, lectures, bingo, trivia etc (usual stuff) Value for money, I don't know if we saved anything by booking an all inclusive cruise but it was great piece of mind knowing we didn't need to mess about with tips, drinks packages etc and we did have a zero bill at the end. We also met some wonderful staff and wonderful fellow cruisers, really nice people on this ship.

Pretty Good