• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Avalon Expression Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating
1 Award

The most relaxing way to see Europe with extraordinary service.

Review for Avalon Expression to Europe River
mea63111@bigpond.net.au
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: May 2016
Cabin: Panorama Suite with French Balcony

Avalon was recommended by our travel agent.

The overall cruise was wonderful. The places we saw were fascinating and the time spent on board very relaxing. But it's the service of the staff that I will remember the most. Within days of boarding the waitstaff knew what beverage I preferred for breakfast and had noticed that I used honey in my tea so brought that too. The bar staff remembered the drinks we ordered and could bring your order if you gave them a wave. The evening waitstaff were always attending to drinks and we're happy to bring extra if requested. Then there were the staff that cleaned the suites and liked to leave animals made from towels to make the guests smile. All the staff from the captain to the kitchen hands were friendly, helpful and made all their guests feel very special. I would not hesitate to recommend Avalon to all my friends and family.

Panorama Suite with French Balcony

Cabin A

Much more spacious then I imagined. Loved the bathroom.

Port Reviews

Nuremberg

I loved the markets and my husband found the rally grounds and courts very illuminating.

Regensburg

Absolutely lovely and the local guide was very funny and informative.

Vienna

Interesting

Bratislava

Interesting place but very long morning tour. Enjoyed the visit to the local restaurant and brewery.

11 Helpful Votes