3. Emerald Princess
This was our 1st princess Cruise I booked it because of the great itinerary, and it worked for my kids spring break. The Emerald is a very clean pretty ship. I have only been on Celebrity ships of about 1,500 passengers so this was my 1st bigger ship experience. The crew was very friendly through out the ship. Our cabin was always serviced well. My 11 and 14 year old daughters went to the kids club a few times but said that it was not as good as the one on Celebrity even though the room was nicer. They did not bring the kids around the ship as they did with Celebrity. Ice cream on Celebrity was free all day and on the Emerald it was free only for a few hours during the afternoon which was fine on sea days but not port days. The pizza was fabulous and free all the time. We choose early seating traditional dining, our wait staff was very good and friendly. The food was not as good as it was on Celebrity but still good. The meats were not as good and the fish dishes were a bit over cooked. The snow crab legs were excellent. The peanut butter cookies were the best soft and chewy. The layout of the ship I found confusing as did a lot of others I spoke with. There were a lot of going up to do down and the kids club was hard to get to. After about 5 days I started to find my way around but it just seemed not a good layout. We did not take any of the ship's excursions but others I spoke to who did said they were over priced ad not that fun. a fellow cruise critic passenger broke her foot on a private excursion and she said the medical care was very good on the ship. The house band was a lot of fun, I danced everyday I wish they played longer when they played out by the pool. we did not go to any of the big production shows in the Princess lounge. The hypnotist was fantastic, a very funny show. The comedy was OK I went to see both of them. We got to the dock around 1:00 to embark and were happily surprised that it only took about 20 minutes and we were in our cabin! It only took about 10 minutes to disembark which was also very smooth. The cabin was a bit smaller than the Celebrity ones but were still OK as we do not spend a lot of time in them. All in all we had a great time but I think I would not go on another Princess cruise unless it was on a smaller under 1,500 passengers. If Celebrity has a good itinerary around our spring break I will go with them again.

Great... But

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by raggedyann6

raggedyann6’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Cabin d516
Small cabin, small shower, lots of closet space, good soaps, shampoos, lotions, robes, we had inside cabin midship.
  Emerald Princess Deck Plans

• Antigua
    We did a tour with South Coast Horizons, they were there to meet us as we got off the ship. We went on an 1 1/2 hour drive down the coast and stopped at hell's Gate for pix. We kayaked in the mangroves at SCH that took us to the beach where we took a boat out to Cades Reef for snorkeling. They fixed us a chicken lunch on the beach and then we kayaked back to SCH and they drove us back to the ship.
    View All 1,572 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
  • Barbados
    We did an excursion with Thriller Ocean Tours. You have to get to his boat on your own there were 12 of us and the van said it would be $2.00 per person but when he dropped us off he said since he got us closer to the bridge over to the marina it would be $3.00 per person. On the way back another van driver charged us only $2.00 per person. The tour was great we went and snorkeled while the boats mate fed the turtles. He stayed with us in the water at all times, while Stephan the captain stayed with the boat. he took us to a nice ship wreck to snorkel. We went to a beach if you wanted to go on the sand or stay in the water you could while drinks and chips and salsa wee served. It was a great day.
    View All 1,549 Barbados Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barbados Cruise Port Review
  • St. Kitts (Port Zante)
    We did a rainforest tour with Royston and enjoyed ourselves. Royston was there to meet us in port and we drove around the island to get to the rainforest. Royston told us about the history of the island. After the rainforest we went to a nice secluded beach. He stopped by a local restaurant and picked up some chicken type burritos that were good, he had water, soda, and beer also. I would go on another Royston tour for sure.
    View All 1,726 St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Review
  • St. Lucia
    We went on the Hackshaw boat that one of the cruisecritic members chartered. We saw hundreds of dolphins that swam with our boat. We did a little snorkeling and had lunch at a restaurant hotel overlooking the water. The island was very pretty
    View All 1,409 St. Lucia Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Lucia Cruise Port Review
  • St. Thomas
    We did an island beach tour with Airforce 1 Papa Bear met us at as we got off the ship and the 7 of us went on his nice open air bus for a great island tour. my kids said the virgin banana daiquiri at the Mountain Top Inn was the best they ever had. we then went to Sapphire beach for 3 hours. On the way back Papa Bear took us to his favorite beach for a look then back to the docks.
    View All 4,725 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews