3. Harmony of the Seas
I originally booked the maiden cruise from Southampton to Barcelona long before they added the two 3 and 4 night preview cruises which I will review separately. The contrast to the 3 and 4nt cruises was amazing, with most of the contractors disembarked and 99% of things operational those just joining were all asking the same question, what could have been wrong? Ironically of the two weeks it started with our first code Bravo onboard whilst in Southampton due to incinerator smoke drifting into areas it shouldn't have. With that done and dusted we set sail, albeit to Capt. Gus' slightly depressing classical music choice! Everyday onboard we were given gifts, from caps, flags, flasks, food and drinks, commemorative coins and photo/certificate to rucksacks and bingo tickets. The mood was positive, the Sun was shining everyday and the beer flowing. My cabin was in full working order and it had one of the deepest balconies I've had in modern ships in recent years. Only half of the entertainment was on, one Aqua theatre show "fine line", grease, one street party and one ice show but that was more than a lot of other ships and the gaps were filled with a whole host of guest headliners entertainers from the likes of Bobby Davro to acrobatic vocalists bad tenors groups. The late night entertainment was occasionally hit and miss. Some nights the nightclub has a "silent disco" which seemed a bit odd but there was always plenty of other things around the ship to do.. The food was great, whilst most people headed to the windjammer for breakfast I opted for the much quieter and alfresco dining choice of mini bites one deck below which surprisingly most people didn't discover until later in the cruise. The lunch choices at the park cafe were amazing. I had the voom stream Internet package which remained connected throughout my stay onboard with no problems and I used the Royal IQ app to make and change reservations and bookings or just plan with the calendar option. Once the second shows like Columbus and i-skate are added this is going to be one ship hard to beat on entertainment! I'm back onboard in September to see just how great it will get. Staff as always wonderful and nice to talk to and couldn't fault the service whichever bar I went to,

Harmonised for her Maiden Voyage