3. Radiance of the Seas
Nice variety of age group and onboard activities. My husband and I traveled with our boys 18 and 21 years old. Our cabin was midship, so very convenient. The guest services desk and excursion desk are in main lobby, where bands often play, very very difficult to hear when speaking to guest services or excursions. GS is 24/7 so you can find them at quieter times. Shore excursions desk has limited hours, especially when you are in port. We wanted "my time" dining, however they said we did not request it, so we were assigned 530pm seating, table for 4 near, waiters station and kitchen...totally unacceptable to us. The next morning, Shamus, dining room manager called us and found us another table for 4 which was great. It was nice, just the 4 of us so we could talk about our day and activities and what we were going to the next day. Even though you are on an Alaskan cruise, you do not get fresh fish, it comes in from Miami. Our drinks were always waiting at our table when we arrived. We took southbound trip and got a very close view of Hubbard Glacier, it was 2-3pm and a sunny day. We were all surprised how close the captain was able to get to the glacier. I guess the northbound trip arrives Hubbard glacier around 9am and weather often not too good that time of the day. We LOVED the helicopter ride to Meade Glacier, best part of trip. Not many whales to see, we saw no bears. Loved Icy Strait Point, the boys rode the zip line twice. Interesting story how this small community built up a place for cruise ship to stop, very quaint. Unlike the other ports of jewelry and t-shirt shops.., Our cabin steward was excellant. We found the ship safe, clean and well maintained. I took the all access tour of ship, through the kitchen, bridge, laundry, waste and crew dining and quarters...all very clean and neat.

Glaciers, Glaciers, and More Glaciers; Beautiful Snow Capped Mountains

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Roxie2016

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Alaska

Roxie2016’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

Cabin 9596/9598
Plenty of space to store our clothes and suitcases. showers small, to be expected.
we did not use our balcony very much, usually going into or out of port..
  Radiance of the Seas Deck Plans