3. Viking Sea
I am going to focus on the positives! This is a beautiful ship with an amazing crew many of whom seek to go the extra mile in trying to give you a great time! We had an amazing trip. It was our first sea cruise and we were not disappointed. All of the four restaurants are excellent and we eat 3/4 times int he evening in each. Even the buffet style World Cafe is great in the evening as it is quiet, spacious and has the best views on the ship! We particularly enjoyed the Chef's table and were able to enjoy 4 out of 5 of the menus offered when we were on board. The included wines repeat a bit over 2 weeks but we are not great drinkers so it dodon't bother us. We loved the entertainment programme and music which were outstanding but for us the enrichment lectures were rather highbrow...and I am no intellectual slouch at all! They seem to be enjoyed by the academically minded on board. So for the downsides...security was a bit of a shambles...with the scanning process quickly abandoned after a port or two due to inefficiency. My wife's bag was impounded as she had a picnic knife and it took us 2 hours to track it down after we had to go to Guest Services and initiate a search! Finally what must be imporved - excursions...we had a really poor experience before we went with changed excursion times ( which Viking put right under pressure) and one really bad excursion that I am still discussing with them ( awful guide and not as described) . It is a challenge to get 700 or so people off on an included excursion. Those disattisfied with their walking tour allocation learnt that groups could be gatecrashed on the quay leading to a loss of control! ( not a problem with coach trips though as tickets were tightly controlled). It is early days and I am sure Viking will sort all this out. Most of our excursions are fine but be ready for immobile people who cannot keep up with the most gentle walks! Enough of that...an amazing experience...we loved it and hope to be back on a Viking cruise ship in a year or two.

Outstanding cruise, lovely ship; excursions and their management need improving.

Viking Sea Cruise Review by robinhood1

robinhood1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

Our cabin was lovely and spacious and kept amazingly well and clean by our room steward Pred. We had easy access to the top floor of the Explorers Lounge through an unmarked door which meant our corridor was very quiet. We heard virtually no noise from any of the other cabins at all. it is very easy access to the outside and to the World Cafe but a long walk up if the lifts are busy after an event in the theatre! I would stay on this floor again without a doubt. It was obviously somewhat more expensive as a result, as this was a special celebration so compromises might be needed next time! Finally our mini bar was stocked with exactly our drinks preference which was a nice touch. As it happens we did not drink much of it but it was a lovely touch. Just ask when you get on board ...this was also doen for others! Finally the bathroom is great with the most amazing , powerful shower...I could have taken it home .