3. Norwegian Escape
This was a family vacation, also first time cruisers. We are a family of 4, and my brother (21) and I (27) decided to treat our parents for their 30th anniversary (50s and 60s). Considering my parents are definitely not the party type we all had a fantastic time on the Escape. We arrived the night before our cruise and stayed at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South (it was okay, wouldn't stay there again, close by the airport). The next morning we took uber XL to the Miami port (highly recommend this, it was only 20$). As first time cruisers I didn't realise I needed to tag my luggage outside the port, I thought they would do it at customs for some reason. We ended up having to drag our luggage around, fortunately our rooms became available at 12. Although our scheduled time for embarking the ship was 1pm we were there around 11am, there was a slight wait but nothing too bad. Once we got on the ship there was so much to explore, the ship is enormous! The little fishes on the carpet was great as the flow of the fishes were indication to the front of the ship. Sailing out of Port of Miami was beautiful. I had reserved all our shows well in advance, which I recommend. We had inside cabins and to be honest they suited us perfectly find, they were nice and roomie for two people, and we weren't inside our cabins majority of the time, only to sleep. Our steward kept our room clean at all times! He was great. The food on the ship is amazing, we didn't get a chance to do any of the paid restaurants, I only wanted to do one however the timings they had were all at 9pm, so definitely reserve these in advance if you want to go check them out. The Garden Cafe was great, it literally has everything you want and more. The Manhattan Room, Savor, Taste and O'Sheegans were also all great! I enjoyed everyone of them. The waterslides were tons of fun, and of course the rope course! I may chickened out a few times but made it through it :) It's a ton of fun, however they do then to close it down when it's too windy or if it looks like it's going to rain (it didn't rain), though when I got up there and saw how windy it could be it's a good thing they close it down when it's unsafe. They only really have two pools one is on the main top deck (16) and the other one is in the kids section. They have several hot tubs around, I recommend going to the top floors 17 and 18. I didn't have that much trouble finding a spot to sit but the chairs do get taken up during sea days. The Vibe area looked great (didn't get the pass for that). The spa looked gorgeous! Tip: If you want a nice peaceful area to just relax mid day or like me around 6pm, go to the 8th floor and find a spot on the red couches by the Wine cellar area, it's almost always empty and it's a beautiful view and just so peaceful and it doesn't hurt to grab a glass of wine (you are not required to). I watched a few movies in Spice H2O area, which was really nice. I didn't attend the 60s themed party but went to the glow party! That was a ton of fun! The shows were nice, my parents and I enjoyed it, don't miss the international crew talent show on the last day! They are so talented and did a great job. The service is wonderful, everyone is so happy and they work so hard, I can't even imagine how tired they must be. Tyler our cruise director did a fantastic job! They constantly hosted game shows and entertainment in the atrium (6th floor). Our ports were St.Thomas, Tortola and Nassau. Due to my father's restriction of not being able to do a lot of activities and minimum walking, we did only level 1 activities. In St. Thomas we booked the Coral World excursion, it was nice, but I wouldn't recommend it, it was somewhat boring. However we did just end up going to Coki beach right next to it and had a good time there (I would just taxi it to the beaches). Tortola was just beyond beautiful, we did the Tortola by Sea and Land, that was a lot of fun (no walking and free rum punch) and got to see a lot of Tortola that way. Though heard the Virgin Gorda was a lot of fun maybe next time. Nassau was probably the only port that was meh, the excursions to Atlantis was overly priced so we just walked around Nassau and went to junkanoo beach (walkable from the port). I think I'll take the taxi to a better beach next time, but this was free. Overall the service was great, loved the freestyle dining (no worries about having to dress up). I would definitely sail with Norwegian again.

Wonderful Cruise for All Ages

Bee02’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Family Inside Stateroom
Cabin I1 14449
Inside cabin, very clean and modern. Not suitable for more than 2 people. Definitely not bad if on a budget!
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    Did a city tour after we got back to Miami, our flight wasn't until 8pm so we did all three tours, city/uptown/beach hop off and on tour. We didn't really hop off, we just enjoyed the city from top of the bus. It was okay but it was a bit too pricey for the value, we got a shuttle back to MIA afterwards that was included.
    View All 133 City Tour Reviews
  • Nassau
    We just walked around and went to a beach near by, Nassau is nothing compared to the other two beautiful islands, wished we had done something as there wasn't much besides shopping to do.
    View All 5,781 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Coral World Tour
    The Coral World is okay if you are limited to walking, it's self guided you can probably complete it in 20 mins or less, unfortunately we got there too late that we missed the seal show which was at 10am and then we had to leave and the next show wasn't til 2pm. We just hoped over to Coki beach and did some snorkelling which was nice.
    View All 73 Coral World Tour Reviews
  • Tortola by Land and Sea
    An amazing way to sea Tortola! We took a boat ride through the islands, they were beautiful and got free rum punch. Then did the land portion via bus, there are some pretty steep hills but we got to see majority of Tortola, stopped for pictures. It would have been nice to have a mini beach break, but overall good.
    View All 11,851 Tortola by Land and Sea Reviews