Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by joe6610

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean

Hello,

I am just a simple guy, trying to explore the World. I have been on multiple Cruise Lines anwowd i must say, Celebrity blew them out of the water. The food was 5 star, the Staff was overly kind and attentive, and the value for the Vacation dollar was unbelievable! This was our third Celebrity Cruise, and the Best one Ever! The value of the One, two, three package took the big spike out of the end of the Cruise. Of coures we over tipped the Great People that were especially important like the Wait Staff, Wine Lady, and the Room Staff. I think this Cruise had the Best Entertainment I have ever seen on a consistent basis. Great Ports of Call, Venice, Rome, Florence( excursion), 3 stops in Croatia, Montenegro, Sicily, Malta/ Wow! What a great way to see the World. The one thing that blew me away was the Sail Away out of Venice. With Italian Opera Music playing and boats and people waving, it was a truly amazing experience, not to be missed! Caio!

joe6610's Full Rating Summary

Dubrovnik

Very crowded, but i loved it. We went to a Bar/ Cafe, the was on the outer rim of the walled city, and we were drinking Wine Spritz, Looking out at the Sea. Wow ! you should do this

Malta (Valletta)

On and Off Bus tour to Mdina, an amazing place , we just wished we had more time it visit this beautiful town.

Positano (Amalfi)

Got the Free shuttle to town, the only free shuttle offered on the 12 day Cruise. They dropped you off about a mile from the Ferry area, i think as an effort to force you into a Ship excursion to Amalfi or Positano. We were able to just hop on to the local bus service and went the 12 blocks to the Ferry Terminal, The Ferry to Positano is spectacular. We took the bus back the other way to the ship shuttle. After 12 days we were saving our walking for important stuff!

Kotor

On and Off Bus Tour, was just fine. Amazing Wall around the City. I made it up to the Chapel on the Wall. That was a pretty good climb. This was the only stop where i saw children begging. I fell for there suffering, then i saw that they were an organized clan. Still sad but not what it appears! The sail in is mind boggling!

Split

Another On and Off Bus Tour that ended up with a walking Tour of the Palace.Had the least expectations for this Beach Town. Boy, was i wrong. The Palace in the Main Square is hard to put into words. America is soo young we can not phathom what a 3 AD Palace looks like. I am in Awe!

Zadar

My least favorite Port. You have to have one! Started out with a dorkey train ride around the town, no narrative, and no on and off. Skip this if you can. The Sea Organ was down for Service for the week. I do not know how this Town won Best Places to Visit!

Koper

Great Town, Great Spot. Tried to get the on an off bus Tour, but we checked in a 10:00 and the next bus we could get on was at 12:00. If you can do this i would get off the ship, arrange a early Bus time and then get back on the ship for breakfast. We had a nice explore of Kopor, prices are pretty cheap compared to Italy. Then we got on the Bus and went to Piran! /Wow, what a pretty sea side village. We had a fresh fish lunch , that was truly memorable. If you can we had good luck with anything that had s Trip Advisor Rating, as this Restaurant did.

Venice

Took the Shuttle into the Urban part of Venice where all the buses go and near the Train Station. I was traveling with two tired Women, and it is a good Idea to pay the guy 20 Euros, to roll your bags to the Hotel , which for us was a 15 minute walk . We had a Wine Spirtz, in an outdoor Cafe and felt very Blessed! Great Weather, amazing City. We had Dinner in some Alley way and it may have been the best Dinner ever. I was scoring big points with my Wife and her Sister. I will need those later in the Trip

joe6610