3. Norwegian Star
This was our 5th NCL cruise. We've only sailed on NCL in suites. We were in suite 11010, a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite with a living and dining area and a small balcony. The suite was identical to the suite we had several years ago on the Jade, but wasn't a Haven suite as the Star doesn't appear to have Haven level suites. The suite was perfect and our room steward and butler were fantastic. We had pre-purchased a 5 night specialty dining package and loved Cagneys. We used to love Le Bistro, but there have been many changes and we didn't care for Le Bistro now, so we did not return for a second night. We ate at Moderno and, to us, it was just okay. Although the service was exceptional. We're from Miami, Florida and we have authentic Brazilian or Argentinian restaurants so we thought they did a great job of recreating an authentic restaurant, but it didn't compare with what we're accustomed to. That should not detract from the food or service. It's just our opinion based on our experience. We had room service delivered from the main restaurant and it was very good. One night we ate in Aqua and thought the service was good, but the food was mediocre. We ate in Ginza and thought it was very good. We ate lunch in O'Sheehans and were looking forward to some American food, and the hot dogs were very good. We didn't care for the wings or the nachos, but that is more our particular taste because the food was fresh and served hot. We did not attend any shows and were disappointed that they only had musical or acrobatic acts and did not have comedians or magicians. The shows just didn't interest us. The ports were great and the Concierge was helpful. I had 2 massages, a mani-pedi and a hair cut/style in the spa and my son had a shave. The spa staff was friendly and skilled. I was disappointed that they did not give you access to the spa pool/showers/steam rooms, with the purchase of a service. I don't remember ever being on a cruise where the purchase of a spa service did not come with access to the spa facilities, except for this one. They wanted me to purchase a day spa pass, even though I spent hundreds of dollars in the spa. A very poor policy and it reeked of nickle and diming a guest who paid a lot of money for a suite, plus a lot for 5 different overpriced spa services. We had the unlimited beverage package and think that the value is for people who drink hard liquor and mixed drinks. We did find a French Rose on the beverage package that we could live with, but nothing else. And, you have to be careful; I would order Rose and they would bring me Beringer White Zinfandel and tell me it was Rose. Really. We purchased the unlimited Wi-Fi and thought it was a value for the 9 day cruise, but it was slow. Atmospheric conditions seem to impact the speed. With an unreliable and slow speed, we would not purchase a limited plan because you will waste your money. We love NCL and we will continue to sail NCL. But, we feel a little less enamored with NCL after this cruise.

Fasinating Ports; Good Cruise

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin SG 11010
Two bedroom/two bath suite with living and dining area and small balcony. The cabin was spectacular. The balcony was small and we couldn't recline the chaise lounges all the way because the balcony was too small. When we were on the Jade in a similar suite, we had the Haven and a private pool and deck, so we never spent time on the balcony. But, on the Star, there is no Haven area and you want to use the balcony. Three of us could not relax together on the balcony. Everything else was perfect. The butler, room steward and concierge were great.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins