3. Avalon Vista
My friends picked this cruise and invited me to go along. I had always wanted to do a river cruise so I signed up. They chose this one because the single traveler fee was less than other cruise lines and because it had an extensive list of included excursions. We did only the river part of the cruise and did things on our own in Budapest and in Nuremberg and Prague. The cabins are very nice but small. Every square inch is utilized. The bathroom is pretty big, considering. As long as you follow the suitcase guides and can fit it under the bed, the cabin is very comfortable. I enjoyed everything. I have two issues. I don't walk well and I'm allergic to wheat. The tours were great. All of the included tours had a "gentle " Walker option for slow pokes and the dining room was well equipped to have gluten free options. Christian, the maitre'd was super! He made sure everyone was happy. For me, he was outstanding. We quickly identified Gary as an outstanding waiter and sat with him most meals. He was super attentive. The rooms were very clean. All bedding was changed mid week. Towels were luxurious and they were changed twice a day if needed. The your director was outstanding. She was very well organized. Tours went without hitch. Her daily on board talks were excellent. I understand she moves from cruise to cruise and doesn't stay with the Vista. Her name was Sabine. The cruise ship was great. We loved the lounge on the back of the boat. Pastries and drinks are always available. I loved it all. Great cruise.

Gluten Free Meals No Proboem