3. Norwegian Breakaway
This was my eleventh cruise. Day we docked in Bermuda we discovered a live bed bug in our cabin(10164), and upon inspection, some bites. Immediately called guest services who had the exterminator verify our findings. They quickly moved us to another room, cleaned all our belongings, and offered us a free show(which we were not interested in). This was last we heard from anyone about this disturbing situation. We finally sought out hotel management about our situation, and were rather dismissed by them. They did not think this was a major problem, and in fact we felt that they were insinuating that we may have brought the bug in ourselves. They did give us $200 onboard credit and offered us a free dinner at specialty restaurant(which couldn't use as no openings). I felt this compensation to be totally inadequate. Lost a day in Bermuda(as literally only had the clothes on my back), and caused much angst for rest of trip. What was suppose to be a relaxing vacation turned into a nightmare! I was expecting a voucher for a future trip or reimbursement for at least part of trip. Additionally, wrote to NCL upon returning home to request action. Have waited the required time and heard nothing. Will never travel NCL again. As a seasoned traveler, when going to hotels, I always check the bed bug registry. Checked this cruise out for Norovirus but never thought would have to check out for bed bugs. I wouldn't be writing this review if upper management on boat had responded to our concerns OR if we had heard a response NCL to our written communication post cruise. Other parts of the cruise were minimally satisfactory. Too many people! We found public areas overcrowded and couldn't find seats for many activities(trivia, game show, live entertainment). Even finding a seat at the bar was difficult. The evening entertainment was not of the caliber of other cruises(Princess and Celebrity). Regardless of bed bug issue, this cruise line didn't meet my expectations. This ship proved to me that larger is not better. Unfortunately, my memories of this trip are the pictures of the bed bug and bites!!!!

BEWARE OF BED BUGS!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by gordon046

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom

Regardless of bed bug issue, this cruise line didn't meet my expectations.

This ship proved to me that larger is not better.

gordon046’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BB 10164
Terrible. We discovered a live mature bed bug!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins