3. Norwegian Star
We did the Norwegian Fjord 7-day cruise, departing from Copenhagen, in May. This was our first cruise. We were pleased with everything. The food was excellent, the employees were genuinely friendly and the ship was managed very well. My wife and I are close to 60 years old, so traveling in May had a lot of people our own age, which was fun for us. The fjords were all I expected and very beautiful. I had wanted to see the fjords since I was very young, so it fulfilled a dream of mine. We also docked at the towns of Alesund, Geiranger, Flam and Bergen. Each had their own charm and unique things to see. It was very easy to get on and off the ship. Again, the ship and crew were very organized, which made everything easy and simple for the guests. We didn't purchase a special dining package, so we primarily ate at the Versailles and Aqua rooms. The food choices were great, with appetizers, entrees and desserts. The service was also excellent with attentive, friendly servers. We felt like we were at a top-class restaurant. We didn't purchase any of the cruise's shore excursion packages because they seemed over-priced. We booked our own excursion when we landed in Flam, which was the ferry from Flam through the Naeroyfjord to Gudvangen. It is one of narrowest fjords in Norway and had 30-40 waterfalls around 2,500 to 3,000 feet high. It was the highlight of our trip.

Excellent Norwegian Fjord Cruise

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by markboise

markboise’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Balcony
Cabin BX 10th floor
Great, quiet cabin. Everything was clean and nice.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins