• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Rose3726@aol.com
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2016
Cabin: Central Park View Stateroom with Balcony
Picture up above of the Boardwalk
During intermission there was time to take a picture with one of the cats from the play Cats.

I chose Royal Caribbean because they offer a lot of activities on their ships. This time we took The Oasis of the Seas out of Ft Lauderdale. Boarding the ship was quick and efficient. I preordered by wi-fi and was given the access code with my key room. *If you are interested in Wi-Fi, preorder it. The cruise line gave a 30%-40% discount. The ship is huge, it holds 6,000 passengers. Normally when we cruise we are in an outside balcony room. This time we decided to take the inside balcony over Central Park. At first, I was starting to have buyer remorse. I was afraid it was going to be noise and I was going to miss watching the ship go into port and watching "the runners". Ended up I didn't miss it. It is a little noise during the day but I was not in the room so it didn't matter but it was really nice at night. It was quiet with light music playing and their were street lights on, so if you wanted to sit out at night and read a book or just relax it was great.

Meals were outstanding. I couldn't understand why the Windjammer closed at 9 PM but their are plenty of other places to garb snacks. If you wanted to go to the Windjammer buffet there were lines but they moved quickly and the staff assisted you in finding a table.

Loved the Boardwalk and Centeral Park. Shows were outstanding, saw a water show, comedy show, ice skating show and my favorite "Cats". It was amazing. It was the whole play from Broadway. Actually I saw it twice and during intermission they allow you to take a picture with one of the Cats.

Central Park View Stateroom with Balcony