3. Carnival Sunshine
I booked this cruise last year and after doing so, I read numerous bad reviews of the Carnival Sunshine and how Carnival was cutting back. I went in hoping for the best, but not expecting as much. I also heard that getting on in Charleston, which we have done before was a nightmare. There again, I was hoping for the best because after all it is vacation. We were on the boat in less than 30 minutes and when we got on the Sunshine, it was breathtaking. Everyone was friendly just like the last time we sailed on Carnival. Our cabin (10145), which was a spa interior was a little hard to navigate with 3 people because the upper pullman. You could also hear music from the Lido deck and hear when the staff was putting up deck chairs at night. The food was good and the wait staff was awesome. One of our wait staff got sick on about day 7 and the other two busted their butts to make sure ours as well as their other assigned tables received the same service we did when we had 3 waiting on us. They were truly awesome! Emma was truly awesome as a cruise director and her energy was endless and she always had a smile on her face. We also had a magician that came to our table at dinner every night and my daughter fell in love with him. He was remarkable. There was always something going on and the 80's throwback day was great. Service was good and we could not have asked for more. We did not see our steward too much but he must have been spying on us because every time we left the room, he went in and spruced things up for us. The spa was very relaxing and quiet, my only regret is that I did not spend more time there. We did tours (not through Carnival) in all of the ports except Martinique and they were awesome. The only one I booked ahead was Sonny Liston Tours in St Thomas and it was awesome. Tour of the island, shopping and the beach (Megans Bay) for $30 per person. We enjoyed all of the ports except Martinique and that is because it rained while we were there. I have already told my wife that I want to cruise on the Sunshine again.

Awesome Cruise!

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by wwoodham

wwoodham’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Spa Interior
Cabin 4S 10145
Room was very nice and clean. A little cramped with 2 adults and one teenager. You could hear the music from the lido deck (faintly) and hear when the staff were moving deck chairs at night. A very good location if you want to be close to lido deck and the spa perks were great and very relaxing.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins