• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

avilady
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2016
Cabin:

We did not pick this ship, we were with a group of 12. This was our fourth cruise with four different cruise lines. I have to say it was the worst. Getting on was a breeze as was disembarking. We had three pieces of luggage and only two made it to our room The other one we found standing in a hall near a maintenance door, nowhere near our room.

Went for a drink at the Pinnacle Lounge and the bartender snapped at my husband for mispronouncing his name. The Vista Restaurant was no better. Servers took forever to take and bring our drink orders, food was cold and steaks not done to taste, or not done at all. I asked for well done and it was only seared on both sides, could not eat. Food was not hot nor tasty. The buffet was no better, not a good selection and cold. We ate at the Pinnacle Restaurant and no better, service was better, but crab legs were cold and watery.

No one on this ship seemed to have it together. So disappointed after cruising before, I expected this to be better. Our cabin steward and the bartender at the Ocean Bar were the only bright spots. Would go to Alaska again, but not anywhere with Holland America.

25 Helpful Votes