3. Carnival Splendor
This cruise was planned because of the port of Bermuda. However it should have been scheduled for a different day as Bermuda stores were closed the first day there. We toured the island and took a sunset sail that evening. It is a beautiful Island. The other ports of call were also nice. A lot more affordable. The entertainment on the ship was fantastic. We had shows almost every night. Dances in the dinning room every night too. The cruise director Chloe was super. Saw her every day. She was out there mingling more than I have seen other CD's do. Even her assistant Caitlyn & staff Sean, Eric & B-Lo were around every corner. Kept us busy. It was a nice change from other Carnival cruises I've been on. The cabins were small but all I did was sleep there. The shore excursions were a different story. In Amber Cove, the description said moderate walking. That is not a problem. But no where, on internet, or fun ashore booklet did it say there were stairs to climb on every stop, So I either sat on the bus, or outside the excursion stop. That was really a lot of fun, NOT. Would I go again, most definitely. But I would plan for a different day of the week & choose different excursions more suited to people with mobility problems.

Thru Bermuda Triangle, but don't come find me.

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Crimes13

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Crimes13’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Splendor price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A 1320
I'm only there to sleep. Had to have table removed but was told the chair couldn't be removed. I have a mobility scooter that had to be put in room every night, The mattress was way too soft. Our Stewart TRIED to accommodate us I think. Never met him till day 2. Said he could only remove the table. Had nowhere to put the chair, mattress, well, he could make it softer, i wanted it firmer. Now my back hurts. Asked to separate beds into L shape. He couldn't do it. I've had it done before. Just didn't seem very accommodating to me.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins