3. Emerald Princess
The Emerald Princess is indeed a beautiful ship. Embarkation and disembarkation at the end of the cruise was efficient and swift. The décor throughout is excellent. So why only 3*? Well, to start with, when one orders a drink at meal-time, the waiter has to go outside to the nearest bar and queue up with other guests to get served. So it can take up to 15 minutes to get a glass of wine if the restaurant is crowded. On all other cruise ships that we have been on the wine is on a central stand and the waiter simply goes and gets a bottle and pours the wine. We have no idea why Princess have such a stupid policy; something they need to look at! Secondly, on our second day while I was in the shower and my wife was sitting half naked drying her hair, a person in uniform entered our cabin uninvited and accused us of smoking on our balcony. He went round our cabin and balcony looking for 'evidence'. Neither of us have ever smoked in our life. My wife was dreadfully upset by this intrusion and I immediately went down to Customer Services to complain. They made investigations and found out that the crew member (an officer on the bridge) had mistaken our cabin for the one next door!!! Customer Services apologised but I told them that I wanted an apology from the officer concerned. I was told that he refused the request. I wonder what sort of Bridge Officer that was. Not even man enough to face me and apologise for a mistake that upset my wife. I think that the Captain should have intervened and insisted that he apologise in person. The tours were excellent even if a bit expensive and apart from that mentioned, we had a lovely time. Our cabin was L107 which consisted of a bedroom and separate living room with a 10 metre balcony wrapped around the bows, next to the bridge; possibly he best cabin on the ship. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in and we were brought fresh fruit and canapes every day. One last point, as it was half term there were a lot of children aboard; mostly well-behaved thank goodness. But they monopolized all the swimming pools and it was almost impossible for an adult to make use of them. Perhaps one of the pools should have been reserved for adults only.

Lovely Ship but Some Serious Problems

najllib1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Premium Suite with Balcony
Cabin S5 L107
Excellent. Two rooms; bedroom and lounge with TVs in each. Most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. A huge balcony occupying the whole of the starboard bow, about 10 metres long with reclining beds and table and chairs.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins