3. Scenic Opal
We booked this cruise with a number Navy Supply Corps Officer who had cruised on a different line in 2014. We cruised from Amsterdam to Basel and it was our first river cruise having done more than 30 ocean cruises primarily on Celebrity. Our experience on the Opal from the time we boarded until they dropped us off at the hotel in Zurich could NOT have been any better. We ere treated royally by everyone whether it was onboard the ship or on one of their all inclusive shore excursions. We saw all of the ship's officers more than once a day and Milan, our butler could not have been any more helpful or attentive Goran (First Officer) and Patrick.(Cruise Director) were everywhere and along with the Captain handled the luggage getting us off of the ship. We got a tour of the galley and I have no idea how Walter (the head chef) and his crew could turn out the great variety and quality of meals they served. The ship itself had plenty of space and our cabin had lots of room. We loved the up-down window that allowed us to view the passing scenery with an open or enclosed balcony at the push of a button. The lounge and dining room had plenty of seating and great staffs and top side had plenty of seating and a hot tub. There is also an exercise room that I used daily and my wife took advantage of some very friendly and expert salon services that were vry reasonably priced. I would take a Scenic cruise any chance I got and most especially on the Opal as it is hard to imagine a better crew on any ship.

A River Cruise to Remember

Scenic Opal Cruise Review by eelliot

eelliot’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Opal price drops

Our cabin had lots of room and the bathroom rivaled any cruise ship.. We loved the up-down window that allowed us to view the passing scenery with an open or enclosed balcony at the push of a button.