3. Harmony of the Seas
Being a diamond+ member of the Crown and Anchor society thought we would try its newest and largest ship. We are a party of 10 ranging from 4 years to 70 years. Embarkation was the easiest ever with staff outside the terminal building with their ipads looking for passengers. Logged in with them and entered the ship. Cabins ready for occupation from 1pm and stateroom cards, one outside the others inside the cabin. Couldn't have been simpler. The ship is big but because there are so many areas to go to it never felt crowded. I don't know if there was full occupancy. Every single one of us thought the cruise was fantastic. I was a little apprehensive before we went thinking all the public areas and popular activities would be crowded and we would have to queue for hours as you do in Disney parks. Nothing further from the truth. All the rides including ultimate Abyss easily accessed. Maybe 20 in a queue at worst time but still not much waiting time. My children and grandchildren loved the pools which again, because there are so many of them were not overcrowded, plenty of people in but still able to play ball games and have enough room to play about, although swimming lengths a little difficult, but I am sure you would be able to find a pool you could do that in if you looked. The adults only solarium a lovely peaceful place with comfortable well spaced beds, also its own little restaurant. Grease was superb and because we booked our shows before getting on board, we just turned up at the theatre and went to our seats. Seats are not bookable but we never had a problem sitting where we wanted to. The ice show was magnificent although found a man twirling in circles for 10 minutes a bit laborious in the aqua show, otherwise that again was superb. We did my time dining and on the first night were taken to our table where the waiter Miguel and his helper Fransisco looked after us better than on any cruise before. We were on a drinks package and thought maybe wine would be hard to come by after our first glass at the table - no such thing - it flowed as easily as the water. Our dining experience in the Silk dining room was second to none. We mostly booked a time to dine but on the occasions that we didn't, even getting at table for 10 was no problem at all and all but 2 nights we were seated at our favourite, although the other 2 came a close second. The food was delicious with plenty of choice and everything cooked perfectly and tasting delicious. We only got off for a walk in Malaga as there was so much going on on the ship we did not really want to miss any of it. It is a floating resort and we kept having to look overboard to see if we were moving. I admit the sea was like a millpond, but we never felt the ship move. What a fantastic cruise. Only wish we could afford to do it every year. For those wanting a less hectic cruise there are plenty of areas to relax in peacefully. I thought Central Park was a lovely area but then I love plants and could not believe I was on a cruise ship surrounded by so many. A bit of a disappointment at Johnny Rockets, they did not sing to us, but otherwise good and staff lovely again. Went to all of the shows in the main theatre which were varied and good, but after Grease, that took some following. We particularly liked the Tenors of Rock, 5 gorgeous men with gorgeous voices. All in all we had the time of our lives, the children did not want to get off, and to be honest, neither did I.

Harmony on the Seas on Harmony of the Seas

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Barbara L Cook

Barbara L Cook’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Ideally situated mid ship. Plenty of wardrobe space for 7 days but a bit dubious regarding any more. 2 wardrobes situated either side of the bed, 1 double hanging, the other with 2 drawers underneath and shelves at the side, not double size but bigger than a single wardrobe. Bathroom lovely with see through shower door. Balcony average size with chairs, foot rests and table. More drawer space opposite 3 seater bed settee, including fridge and dressing table. Large tv on wall opposite bed. A very comfortable cabin.
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans