MSC Magnifica Cruise Review

MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by Tigger74

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

This was my first cruise, I wanted to visit Athens, Istanbul and Dubrovnick. Unfortunately the recent bombings in Turkey caused MSC to drop Istanbul from the itenary. MSC emailed and pledged 100 Euro on to the cabin account as compensation. On the last day of the cruise this turned out to be 50 Euro per person, not what they pledged.

Embarkation, disembarkation, was painfully slow, not because of the registration process but there seemed to be long delays waiting to process through security control.

On-board was great, the "B2" cabin was definitely worth the upgrade and mostly the service was first class, although certainly fell short especially during my complaint when trying to sort problems.

I dined in both Quattro Venti restaurant and oasis buffet and found both excellent dependent on which fitted into my routine.

I bought the Allegrissimo drinks package during embarkation which became better value the more drinks, coffee and ice creams you consume.

Happily there was so many things happening to keep me choosing entertainment.

I did the ship excursion to Olympia which was ok but I felt it was not value for money therefore opted to go it alone from then on. I'm glad I did, there was no hassle and having freedom of choice once off the ship was great.

I will definitely not book with MSC again as I did not enjoy the feeling of being a cash cow and do not think my experience was good value.

Tigger74's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2 9148

Was excellent, clean and well fitted out (only improvement would be a kettle). Well worth the upgrade.

Tigger74