3. Star Princess
So...my husband hadn't taken a vacation in six years and had never been on a cruise, so it was important that this cruise was exceptional. We flew into Seattle, spent a day there exploring (Pike's Place and EMP museum), had a seafood feast at Elliot's and then took Amtrak to Vancouver. We really enjoyed the train ride. We had a day and a half to spend in Vancouver. We spent a day at Granville Island and had a wonderful time. Finally, it was time to board. Based on what I'd read on here, we arrived early and walked right through the boarding process with little waiting. From our hotel to our cabin took about an hour. Our cabin was on the Lido deck, 306. I was worried since we were close to the buffet and pools but it was fine. We had a balcony room. It was exactly as advertised and what I expected. The balcony was small but adequate with two chairs and a tiny table. We had plenty of room for storing our clothes and suitcases. Bathroom was minuscule but again, no surprise. Food on the ship was...okay. The food on the buffet was rather bland. My favorite was the sushi (one day only) and the smoked salmon at breakfast. My husband liked the cookies. We had Anytime Dining and ate at Portofino most nights (as well as one lunch and one breakfast). I had a good shrimp dish one night as well as a couple of good steaks. What we probably liked best was the pizza from the pizzeria just around the corner from our room. Ports and excursions were Ketchikan (flight seeing on our own), Juneau (photo hike to mendenhall and whale watching), Skagway (bus to summit, White Pass & Yukon RR, Liarsville, Red Onion Saloon). We had wonderful weather although it was chilly with highs in the 50s. Take the advice of others who have gone before and dress in layers! We enjoyed all our excursions although the one in Skagway was a little too long for us. We were able to leave before the saloon visit and walk around some on our own. For our flight seeing, we booked ourselves with Island Wings - wonderful experience! Disembarkation was fairly easy. We had purchased a bus transfer from Princess so we loaded right onto the bus and went to the Anchorage airport where we picked up a rental car. We spent two days exploring Anchorage and the surrounding area including the Alaska Native Heritage Center, the Anchorage Museum, Talkeetna, Denali State Park, and the Alaskan Wildlife Conservation Center. We loved all of it.

Long Overdue Vacation

Tammy64’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC L306
Adequate room. The decor seemed a little dated. I felt it had ample storage. The bathroom was small. The balcony had two comfortable chairs and a small table.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins