Britannia Cruise Review

Mixed Feelings about Our Britannia Cruise

Britannia Cruise Review by AussieExpats2

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords

Only our second cruise having been on the Island Princess for a 12 night Mediterranean cruise last August so in comparison I'm afraid the Brittania cruise to the Norwegian Fiords fell a bit short. Embarkation and Debarkation was well organised. Cabin was good and the entertainment was good and the food in the any time dining restaurant was lovely but the buffet food was dreary. Same food at all the stations and very limited variety. The food on the Island Princess was fantastic! I agree with others who say the Atrium areas was lacking in atmosphere as this was soulless and boring. Not enough variety of activities on board during the day but I liked the quizzes in Brody's Bar at night. Where is the giant screen for Movies Under the Stars? No free ice-cream and the burgers were terrible.

Our cabin steward was friendly and generally all staff were pleasant. The shows were fabulous and we saw 3 different shows during the 7 night cruise. I am cruising again on the Brittania departing Southampton on 16th July on the Iberia cruise and have booked the Brittania for the Caribbean on 17th December 2016. Being a teacher the dates and destinations suited us but if I had travelled on this cruise earlier I would perhaps not have booked the Brittania again. Back to Princess cruises for us from now on because they offer more variety in buffet food and activities and more inviting pool areas. I hope the food situation is sorted out before our next cruises.

AussieExpats2's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Balcony Cabin E230

Happy with the cabin and yes balcony is a bit too small. Cabin steward Kenneth was lovely and kept the room very clean and tidy. Plenty of room for clothes and other items of clothing in the cupboards.

Stavanger